• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ganevo View Post
    needs counterclockwise rotation

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Unless there is good reason to crop the stabilizer, those types of images do indeed typically get rejected. Also, if you do go for a wider crop, maybe try at a lower resolution as had I screened it, I would have added Heat Distortion as a rejection reason.
      Thanks dlowwa. I cropped the stabilizer because the tighter crop looked much better than the dead space that would be present behind the tail if I left the full stabilizer in the picture.

Comment

HI,

I had a rejection today for "Bad Info: date".

Click image for larger version

Name:	AAEMR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	1015457

The original photo is in B&W and was taken between 1990 and 1993. So date is unknown. What is the right action to do for an upload acceptance?
        For me it's the first time to upload a scanned image which date taken is unknown.
        Advice will be appreciated.

Brgrds

Nito

Better be in stone age than in no age

Comment

Originally posted by Nito View Post
          HI,

I had a rejection today for "Bad Info: date".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7262[/ATTACH]

The original photo is in B&W and was taken between 1990 and 1993. So date is unknown. What is the right action to do for an upload acceptance?
          For me it's the first time to upload a scanned image which date taken is unknown.
          Advice will be appreciated.

Brgrds

Nito
          Hello guys!

Comment

Hello. Second opinio about this rejection please.

Thanks

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5726992
            My JetPhotos Profile

Comment

Hi all, for quite some months now, I've had several rejections for Bad Colour. However, I have made no changes in my editing workflow, so don't know how this has happened. Is there a certain thing (and if so what?) I need to do differently to stop this from happening? See linked photo as an example.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hello guys!
                Is there really no one for advice ?

Comment

Dear Screeners,

First of all, congrats on the new look to the website. Certainly a fresh look! I just got back to uploading ways on the new website, and had a couple of rejections for which I would like to seek clarification.

1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5729618
                  Reason: Too much or too little contrast

2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5729636
                  Reason: Undersharpened

Requesting guidance from screeners/experts on improvement. I feel the second picture has the required sharpening. Please clarify!

Thanks and best wishes,
                  Sriram Hariharan

Comment

Hello guys!
                    Hi, we need you to include at least the year please.

Comment

Originally posted by fabinho1314 View Post
                      Hello. Second opinio about this rejection please.

Thanks

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5726992
                      Yes, looks soft in places (tail, titles, etc..)

Comment

Originally posted by VH-ROB View Post
                        Hi all, for quite some months now, I've had several rejections for Bad Colour. However, I have made no changes in my editing workflow, so don't know how this has happened. Is there a certain thing (and if so what?) I need to do differently to stop this from happening? See linked photo as an example.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5725318
                        There is a strong green/cyan cast (the fuselage should be white, while it is clearly not here), most likely I would guess from shooting through thick window glass. If that shot was taken outdoors, you have some serious issues with the white balance settings. Even if my suspicions are correct about the image being taken from inside, it should be correctable by adjusting the white balance. The harsh contrast that also results from shooting through glass might not be so easy to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by b7379gjer View Post
                          Dear Screeners,

First of all, congrats on the new look to the website. Certainly a fresh look! I just got back to uploading ways on the new website, and had a couple of rejections for which I would like to seek clarification.

1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5729618
                          Reason: Too much or too little contrast

2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5729636
                          Reason: Undersharpened

Requesting guidance from screeners/experts on improvement. I feel the second picture has the required sharpening. Please clarify!

Thanks and best wishes,
                          Sriram Hariharan
                          1. Contrast is too low.
                          2. Soft, and I would have added contrast to the rejection had I screened it, as like the first image, the contrast is too low. Seems like heat haze might be a factor.

Comment

There is a strong green/cyan cast (the fuselage should be white, while it is clearly not here), most likely I would guess from shooting through thick window glass. If that shot was taken outdoors, you have some serious issues with the white balance settings. Even if my suspicions are correct about the image being taken from inside, it should be correctable by adjusting the white balance. The harsh contrast that also results from shooting through glass might not be so easy to fix.
                            Thanks, yeah, was taken from inside the terminal. I'll try and fix the white balance then upload again.

Comment

Hi, we need you to include at least the year please.
                              Thank you dlowwa for your advice. But where do I include a date on the upload form or do I have to leave a note to the screeners?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1015482
                                This one unfortunately suffers from softness, compression, lack of contrast, and too wide a crop

Some points:

- softness: I din't see why
                                - Lack of contrast: the air I think?
                                - Too wide a crop? Crop more or less?

As I have a RAW file, I still can adapt things.

Comment

Working...
                                X