Mystery Plane In Background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Plane In Background

What in the blue blazes is the plane in the background of this picture? Any ideas? I've never seen anything like it. It looks like a fake plane. It looks like a DC-10 / MD-11 engine placement at the top rear of the fuselage?

Also, look on the ground to the left of the plane in question. Is that an aircraft fuselage setting on the ground?
    Last edited by Rick G; 2014-06-13, 04:14. Reason: Spelling

Fire trainer... Seen one just like it somewhere, but can't recall off the top of my head where...

Comment

It is a synthetic fire trainer. A multi purpose fire and rescue training device that can be used for more than one burn/training exercise.
      Three holers present a unique challenge for firefighters in the ability to hit the top engine with foam.
      Wallace

Comment

Gatwick has one of those. Visible from the right hand side of aircraft taxiing out for a 08 takeoff.

[photoid=7231718]
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

There is also one at Amsterdam, to the north of the threshold of runway 09.

Comment

I'm going to make a guess that this one is at Manchester... Maybe...

Comment

Seattle has one also, usually parked near the north end of the airport.
              The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Nice plug Brian. Haha

Comment

saw this at LHR

Spotted this one at LHR

Comment

Interesting. Pretty hokey or homely looking things aren't they? Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X