Making Baseball History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Baseball History

This sequence was shot using the following equipment...

3 MkIII Bodies each with a 600mm lens, with each camera being focused exactly the same, with all the same settings.

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Interesting use of those cameras. Too bad they were wasted on that prick Bonds.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
      Interesting use of those cameras. Too bad they were wasted on that prick Bonds.
      just remember he's not the only one to use steroids in the last 20 years

That was pretty cool just too bad they just missed the instant of contact.

Comment

I'm sure they have that shot... the editors just picked what they thought would probably be best.
        Tanner Johnson - Owner
        twenty53 Photography

Comment

I'm not a Bonds fan, but that a sweet set of shots.

Comment

Great shots.

As far as I'm concerned, there are MULTIPLE players on EVERY CLUB in the MLB who have used preformance enhancing drugs. Until they all get the treatment the press is nailing Bond's with, I'll maintain that they give him too much flack. And those steriods didn't affect his timing either, I'd say they help him more in the outfield by keeping up his stamina. And I'll bet he didn't used them more than a few years later in his career, and he hasn't used them very recently, so most of those homeruns can't even be looked at skeptically.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
              Great shots.

As far as I'm concerned, there are MULTIPLE players on EVERY CLUB in the MLB who have used preformance enhancing drugs. Until they all get the treatment the press is nailing Bond's with, I'll maintain that they give him too much flack. And those steriods didn't affect his timing either, I'd say they help him more in the outfield by keeping up his stamina. And I'll bet he didn't used them more than a few years later in his career, and he hasn't used them very recently, so most of those homeruns can't even be looked at skeptically.
              Exactly... people are just jealous of his success. If he was a career minor leaguer or bench/utility player nobody would give two shits if he used steroids or not.

Comment

I called Bonds a prick because Bonds is known for being an a-hole in general to the fans. At Spring Training a couple years ago, he was walking onto the ball field & past a fence lined with fans (including children) wanting to meet him and get autographs. After he walked by them he turned around and said "You people need to get a life!"

I hate how he just stands there and watches the ball fly over the fence, pumping his fists in the air. He's a cocky bastard.

Comment

Dude, he just broke one of the biggest records in baseball history, you don't think you'd be excited? Hell they stop the WHOLE game for a while when a record is broken.
                  Tanner Johnson - Owner
                  twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                    Dude, he just broke one of the biggest records in baseball history, you don't think you'd be excited? Hell they stop the WHOLE game for a while when a record is broken.
                    No he pumps his fists and watches EVERY home rum he hits... The Giants made sure he beat the record at home because they knew his ass would get boo'ed off the field anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
                      No he pumps his fists and watches EVERY home rum he hits... The Giants made sure he beat the record at home because they knew his ass would get boo'ed off the field anywhere else.
                      San Deigo seemed to be fine with it. Much more cheers than boos. Infact, barely any boos at all. A lot of wild cheering when he tied the record there.

He's an asshole now to the public, yes he is. No doubt. But here in SF, we know he wasn't ALWAYS that way. The press MADE HIM that way. He used to be a great guy who would attend local events all the time and stuff. After all this press bullshit he was relentlessly hounded around the clock for over a year. Thats enough to piss anyone off. He started charging for autographs and everything after that. This is the same guy who used to hand kids in the stands free bats and signed balls before every game in the 90s. You know, I don't know about you guys, but if I were Barry Bonds, I'd be throwing a middle finger to the press and I'd just want to crawl into a hole with my friends and family and be left alone to live my life.

As far as watching it go over and pumping his fists, HE BROKE THE HOMERUN RECORD! I'd do it too! Shit, its not like he does it after every homerun. Hell, he hardly ever does it. He usually makes a modest run around the bases. I've been to pleanty of Giants games in my life, so I can state this as a fact. I think its totally unreasonable to call him cocky for getting the most out of what is likely one of the greatest acheivments in sports history. It was his moment to shine.
                      sigpic

Comment

One thing that bothers me is that people base their opinions on what they see on television. If you haven't noticed, the news generally reports on negative events. When a person is shot that's what they talk about, not the doctors and nurses saving his life.

I don't get why people can hate someone they do not know, blows my mind.
                        Tanner Johnson - Owner
                        twenty53 Photography

Comment

Agreed.

Its easy to hate Bonds if you just listen to ESPN and CNN and what not. But come down here and ask the locals for the real story, and perhaps you'll change your mind, and maybe even feel for the guy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X