Hawaiian Airlines in KSNA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Airlines in KSNA?

So I was looking through the Hawaiian Airlines Wiki page and saw that they plan to open a route to John Wayne Airport starting September 26, 2011. Now the problem is Hawaiian only operates wide bodies and unless I'm wrong, I don't think wide bodies can land in KSNA? Anyone know whats going on here? Thanks!

-Rene Trujillo

Their runways are 5,700 feet and 2,887 feet and they don't even have a loader there for passenger flights (easily rectified if necessary).

I've been searching, but cannot find any references to new services on Hawaiian to SNA.

CO/UA plans to operates a daily B73G to HNL beginning November 20th, 2010.
    Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

Widebodies can and do land at SNA. FedEx, at least until recently, operated A300Fs and A310Fs into SNA, and on the passenger side Delta brought in their 762s on a semi-regular basis many moons ago.

That said, HA would be a different animal due to the 763 being larger, flying westwards, as in against the wind with more fuel needed.

Overall, sounds like yet another piece of "inside information" on Wiki that has a credibility rating of zero.

Comment

weeeeellllll tell me if this sounds viable. the A330 200. how?

well newcastle UK to dubai UAE and SNA to HNL are both about the same time 7:30 hours. the EK A330 takes off in about (every time i have been on it at least and that's 4 times) 4,500-5,500ft i think, roughly and thats at normal takeof thrust, so with the adequate fuel amount to get to HNL and a bit extra, i dont think a pax restriction will be needed and if they hold for 5-10 seconds at the end of the runway, use TOGA power (101%) then i think it could be off in 4,250-5,000ft and with a 25-30 degree climb (if possible) it could just do it without going for a swim and wthout the califorians geting angry

what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by EKA380 View Post
          weeeeellllll tell me if this sounds viable. the A330 200. how?

well newcastle UK to dubai UAE and SNA to HNL are both about the same time 7:30 hours. the EK A330 takes off in about (every time i have been on it at least and that's 4 times) 4,500-5,500ft i think, roughly and thats at normal takeof thrust, so with the adequate fuel amount to get to HNL and a bit extra, i dont think a pax restriction will be needed and if they hold for 5-10 seconds at the end of the runway, use TOGA power (101%) then i think it could be off in 4,250-5,000ft and with a 25-30 degree climb (if possible) it could just do it without going for a swim and wthout the califorians geting angry

what do you think?
          I think actual takeoff distance and available runway required for 121 legality are probably not the same.

Comment

yes but if it could as said above be off the runway in an absolute maximum of 4,900-5,000 feet and make the said 25-30 degree climb it should be fine. at least in theory.

Comment

Working...
            X