Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• As a pilot and A&P, with 29 years experience in the field, I don't think this aircraft survived that drop from 40,000 ft in one minute/
      As per the military radar previously indicated.
      A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Originally posted by James Bond View Post
        They clearly stated that they did not search either before today - search warrants executed as soon as the PM finished speaking at the press conference.
        Please note my second sentence which presumes "we are hearing an orchestrated back story".
        And who executes warrants AFTER announcing them worldwide?

Comment

• Originally posted by B757300 View Post
          This might have been asked before, but I didn't see it.

Does anyone know what 9M-MRO's previous flight was?
          From the information on flightradar24, the reverse route - Beijing to Malaysia, landed around 9 hours earlier I believe.

Comment

• Irony on: Maybe they are in Iran already and the whole thing is just another way for Iranair to get a well-maintained aircraft. I heard they are always on the lookout for these. Irony off.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
              Enough with the cell phones, they will not work at altitude. And I doubt there are any towers out there even if they could.
              The cell phones were still operating a day or so after the dissappearance, indicating the phones were in reach of towers st some point. It can be concluded then that the plane has crashed or landed on the ground somewhere and these phones were in range for a time. Smart attentive investigators could have homed in on the location(s). Also with inflight wifi becoming available, communications during flight is becoming more possible. What the status is on wifi on this particular plane or region, I don't know, but at some stage the phones did become operable and suspecting PAX may have had an opportunity to try and establish some comms. Sadly that did not happen, but should be part of the investigation on why the current investigation is failing.

Comment

• Originally posted by starchyme View Post
                The cell phones were still operating a day or so after the dissappearance
                Source? The only source that I've heard so far was family calling those phones, getting a 1 or 2 seconds CALL TONE IN THEIR phones, and having the call suddenly terminated.

As I've said before, this is no proof that there was a phone ringing (or in the network at all) at tho other side of the call. Happens to me almost in a daily basis.

This doesn't mean that the phones were not active in the network after the plane disappeared. Just that I have not seen any reliable proof of that (like a cell company confirming that they had a phone in their network).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• radar and radio contact was lost at about 01:22L (17:22Z Mar 7th). Malaysia's Prime Minister stated on Mar 15th that based on new satellite data there is evidence that the data communication systems and transponder had been turned off by deliberate action by someone on board and the aircraft deviated off course, the last confirmed communication between aircraft and satellites occurred at 00:11Z (Mar 8th).

On Mar 14th 2014 Inmarsat released following statement on their website: "Routine, automated signals were registered on the Inmarsat network from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 during its flight from Kuala Lumpur. This information was provided to our partner SITA, which in turn has shared it with Malaysia Airlines. For further information, please contact Malaysia Airlines." (Editorial note: this statement does NOT state at which times this occurred, nor does it state that those signals were registered after 17:22Z on Mar 7th).

On Mar 15th 2014 Malaysia's Prime Minister stated in a press conference: "based on new satellite communication we can say with a high degree of certainty that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was disabled just before the aircraft reached the east coast of peninsular Malaysia. Shortly afterwards, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control, the aircraft’s transponder was switched off." Movements of the aircraft until the aircraft left Malaysia's primary radar coverage were consistent with deliberate action by someone on the aircraft. The primary radar target, so far believed but not confirmed to be MH-370, could today be identified as MH-370 with the help of new data received from the satellite data provider. The aircraft could have flown on for 7 hours, the last trace of the aircraft was identified at 08:11L (00:11Z Mar 8th). "Due to the type of satellite data we are unable to confirm the precise location of the plane when it last made contact with the satellite." However, the investigation was able to determine that the last communication was in one of two corridors: "the northern corridor stretching approximately from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand or the southern corridor stretching approximately from Indonesia to Southern Indian Ocean." The investigation team is working to further refine the information. The search in the South China Sea and Gulf of Thailand has been ended. "In view of this latest development the Malaysian Authorities have refocussed their investigation into the crew and passengers on board. Despite media reports, that the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear we are still investigating all possibilities as to what caused MH-370 to deviate from its original flight path."

On Mar 15th 2014, following the speach by Malaysia's Prime Minister, Malaysia Airlines released a statement stating amongst others: "This is truly an unprecedented situation, for Malaysia Airlines and for the entire aviation industry. There has never been a case in which information gleaned from satellite signals alone could potentially be used to identify the location of a missing commercial airliner. Given the nature of the situation and its extreme sensitivity, it was critical that the raw satellite signals were verified and analysed by the relevant authorities so that their significance could be properly understood. This naturally took some time, during which we were unable to publicly confirm their existence.

We were well aware of the ongoing media speculation during this period, and its effect on the families of those on board. Their anguish and distress increases with each passing day, with each fresh rumour, and with each false or misleading media report. Our absolute priority at all times has been to support the authorities leading the multinational search for MH370, so that we can finally provide the answers which the families and the wider community are waiting for."
                  Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                  --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying View Post
                    Three Stories...

Story 1 (My story of choice): pilot gets first officer out of the cockpit for some bogus reason, then climbs to 45000 knocking out everyone to insure success.
                    No need to climb to FL450 to do that. If they were at FL350 and brought up the cabin slowly everyone in the back would just take a nap. Pull the breaker on the passenger oxygen system so it does not auto deploy, and that is that.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      Again, pardon my ignorance, but what would happen to a pressurized aircraft and its passengers at 45,000 feet?
                      Not sure what the service ceiling on the 777 is but on the 747 it is 45100'
                      All you will do is have a cabin altitude that is higher than normal. The fact that the A/C "MAYBE" climbed to FL450 is irrelevant in my opinion.

Comment

• this entire fiasco can be laid at the feet of the malaysian government no matter what the end result is.

post 9/11 a plane full of people suddenly and deliberately goes black WHILE YOU ARE STILL tracking it on radar, it radically departs from its flight plan and continues along in the opposite direction and you let it slip away without investigating???????

sorry, that kind of shit is grossly negligent and borders on criminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by opa-opa View Post
                          What if someone "sneaked" onto the plane undetected? Perhaps with help from an insider?

He(or more than one person) could have been hiding in the cargo hold, heck maybe even inside a big cargo crate.

Once the plane took off, these people proceeded to disable the transponders, ACARS, maybe even other essential electrical systems....they were probably armed, and somehow got into the passenger area and then the cockpit...
                          You have been watching to much television also!

Comment

• Originally posted by Longreach747 View Post
                            service ceiling of the 777 is 43100 feet, could it really get up that high without hitting coffin corner?

No problem, but I am impressed with your use of "real" pilot language even if you have no idea what it means!

Comment

• Originally posted by starchyme View Post
                              The cell phones were still operating a day or so after the dissappearance, indicating the phones were in reach of towers st some point. It can be concluded then that the plane has crashed or landed on the ground somewhere and these phones were in range for a time. Smart attentive investigators could have homed in on the location(s). Also with inflight wifi becoming available, communications during flight is becoming more possible. What the status is on wifi on this particular plane or region, I don't know, but at some stage the phones did become operable and suspecting PAX may have had an opportunity to try and establish some comms. Sadly that did not happen, but should be part of the investigation on why the current investigation is failing.

Read Gabriel's post below yours! Stop watching so much TV! It isn't real shit it's a TV show!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
                                As a pilot and A&P, with 29 years experience in the field, I don't think this aircraft survived that drop from 40,000 ft in one minute/
                                As per the military radar previously indicated.

Oh just stop with your nonsense! 5000' feet in 1 minute is just a fun ride for 60 seconds. It is done all the time to train Air Force pilots and astronauts in an old 707. And you are assuming that the information about the altitude deviations is accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X