Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWA Flight 800 "Cover Up" ?

Documentary aims to 'break silence' on crash of TWA Flight 800

Skeptics who have long theorized that TWA Flight 800 was brought down by sinister forces will get a fresh surge of energy when a documentary is released in July.

I realize this has been debated for 17 years.

I wonder what the collective minds on this forum have to add to this discussion.

How about that, on exceedingly rare occasions, crap happens.

Rudders go left when they should go right.

The roof tears off.

A random wind blows a plane into the ground.

Engines shut down on short final even though you have plenty of fuel.

Or some dude pulls the stick full back for 5+ minutes and doesn't detect that he's in a slow, mushing stall.

TWA 800 is wierd as hell...

So are most plane crashes.

...of course it really sucks to be grossly busting minimums trying to get in in near zero zero weather from artificially-produced fog, with someone messing with the radio beams and moving trees around and setting off a bomb on your plane.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

This is gonna be big. 6 Investigators now retired spilling it.

Not just some crackpot with a website , camera , and mic .

Brace yourselves .

Comment

Everyone should have been suspicious when the CIA produced an animation of the alleged event that couldn't possibly be true! No way a plane could gain altitude with the nose blown off! What does the CIA have to do with aircraft accident investigations anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by phoneman View Post
          Everyone should have been suspicious when the CIA produced an animation of the alleged event that couldn't possibly be true!
          I never believed the cartoon the CIA came up with.
          KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

In the years after that happened I was working for an airline that had a furloughed TWA pilot in the training department. His wife was still actively flying for TWA at the time. I remember him telling me that some of the TWA ALPA accident investigators wanted additional access to some of the wreckage that was key in the "missile" theory. They had been given access to it once, but had some questions about what they had seen and wanted to look again. In a very unusual move, they, who were legitimate parties to the investigation, were denied access to the evidence. Cover up of a missile, or bomb, or little green men from Mars? I don't know...
            The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Did any terrorist group claim responsibility for downing TWA 800?

Comment

I recall that there were other center fuel tank explosions on Boeing aircraft including one on a 737 on the ground at an airport.

Comment

................ What does the CIA have to do with aircraft accident investigations anyway?
                  A bomb or sabotage would have been branches of a failure investigation tree - so that is where agencies like the CIA or FBI would be involved in an investigation.

Update: Re-reading the NTSB report the role of the CIA is described on page 248.
                  Last edited by Highkeas; 2013-06-19, 19:18. Reason: Update

Comment

No way a plane could gain altitude with the nose blown off!
                    Why do you say that?

Explosion happens, nose falls off causing huge shift in COG towards the back. Plane still has plenty of speed, is already climbing and has engines still running.

It is certainly plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleFire View Post
                      Why do you say that- EDIT- that a plane with the nose blown off- won't climb?

Explosion happens, nose falls off causing huge shift in COG towards the back. Plane still has plenty of speed, is already climbing and has engines still running.

It is certainly plausible.
                      Indeed.

Hey, I don't think we should debate a lot of TWA 800...I'd say the center tank DID blow up, and I belive it that the kerosene fumes might have made for a big hunk of explosive gasses...

Now, if you want to debate a little spark from some frayed wires versus some external projectile versus something else inside the plane versus a little meteorite...Yeah, might be some stuff to discuss...
                      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Let's start out by getting it correct; though one aircraft, there were two crashes that night.
                        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Look, this is really easy. The maintenance guys got the lavatory flush cross connected to the middle tank feed. Someone was sneaking a smoke, flushed, and BOOM! Thank me tomorrow when Hannity has this.

Comment

looks like there is a distinct possibility that some clinton era douche bags may have some esssplainin to do.

confidence in our own govt is at an all time low. discovering that the govt conspired to hide, or worse, caused, the cause of death of 230 people? holy shyte!

Comment

I'm not into conspiracy theories-I don't think that there was a UFO at Roswell, or that there's any alien activity at Area 51. But the 747 family has an excellent safety record, and they don't (and never have) just burst into flames for no reason. This business of a bad fuel line strikes me as nonsense-if it was a problem on this aircraft, why wasn't Boeing implicated? And if it was a maintenance problem, why wasn't TWA sued?

There were Naval missile exercises going on at the time, and one of the missiles could have accidentally hit TWA Flight 800-and this matches exactly what this documentary claims, that there was an object approaching the plane from behind. I remember at the time, people claimed to have seen something like that.

One can certainly understand why some of the family members of the dead are upset over this documentary, but the truth needs to come out.

Comment

Working...
                              X