Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMS early or late?

I am considering driving over to AMS.

But when is traffic better. Saturday from 13:00-12:00 or Sunday from 07:00-14:00?

Depends on what you want to see

Saturday is a beter day Cargo wise.

And Eva Air with the T7 in the evening.
    Last edited by ErwinS; 2014-05-14, 08:05.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Ok so Saturday it is. I guess with NE wind, Polderban would be a good place to get departures.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
        Ok so Saturday it is. I guess with NE wind, Polderban would be a good place to get departures.
        From approx 15:00 lt the sun is turning the right way for the Polderbaan.

Je bent naar een pagina geleid die niet bestaat. We helpen je graag de weg weer terug te vinden.

Handy site for the runways in use.

And of course the scramble forum for special visitors that day

Erwin

Comment

Do you think the bridge is good spot to fill the time until 15:00. I guess parking at the Kaagbaan could be a bit difficult around noon.

Comment

Do you think the bridge is good spot to fill the time until 15:00. I guess parking at the Kaagbaan could be a bit difficult around noon.
            Sun is good from around 1300 lt at the bridge. I assume you mean this spot?

[photoid=7786736]

Parking is more difficult at the Kaagbaan but should be no real problem. There should be always a spot to park nearby.

Erwin

Comment

I meant this spot

[photoid=7781183]

Comment

I meant this spot

[photoid=7781183]
                Ah that bridge, I almost never stand there because of the fence and lamposts.
                Early morning this is possible with the sun at the other side.
                [photoid=7376755]
                That is indeed a good spot to spent some time before moving to the Polderbaan for take off/Landing. But it still depends on runway usage if there is much traffic.

Parking is more difficult there nowadays. Parking along the road is now forbidden. You can park at the nearby cemetery.
                Last edited by ErwinS; 2014-05-14, 13:39.

Erwin

Comment

Is the parking place further in the back from the street? I saw at Google Street View that there are some spots at the road, but they seemed closed off.

Comment

Is the parking place further in the back from the street? I saw at Google Street View that there are some spots at the road, but they seemed closed off.
                    Hoofdweg 409, 2131 Hoofddorp on google maps. There is the parking area for the cemetery.

There are some road works there so I don't think this will be the best option for you to stand.

The 'Vijfhuizerweg' is closed off due to works.

AMS is very difficult to plan days ahead. You have to know the runway combination in use.

Erwin

Comment

Thx. I will possibly go Kaagbaan until the sun works for the Polderbaan, or whatever the runway use forces me to. Your tips were very helpful.

Comment

Maybe I will be around if the weather is good

Erwin

Comment

Why not go both days and combine it with the A.net meet this weekend?
                          Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

I saw it, but I have the "honour" to count votes in the regional elections this weekend...

Comment

I saw it, but I have the "honour" to count votes in the regional elections this weekend...
                              Were you at AMS last sunday?

Erwin

Comment

Working...
                              X