Screening Queue Too Long !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dj__mo View Post
    I think the 100 a day would be a good idea for elite members. Especially coming from a screener you know what is a reasonable amount.
    Just a quick note, I am of the opinion that a limit of 100 images for Elite's should be over the length of the queue, not just one day. That would mean Elite members could only ever have 100 images in the queue at any one time.

Also note, these are just my opinions as a screener, and may not necessarily represent the opinions of the jetphotos.net crew.

Comment

I hear what your saying as these are only your opinions, but it's worth looking at between all screeners. 100 should be more than enough as you said for elite. But let's see if anything happens

My Workflow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0mpFOHOXJU

Comment

To be honest, I would just be happy with a reasonable limit whether daily or total. When I hear of photogs with 200-300+ photos in the queue when it gets this big/long it is a little hard to be OK with. If the wait isn't that long or the queue that big then it isn't too bad but when we start approaching 20+ days for an image to get screened something has to give IMHO.

Or just add more screeners, which I know is trying to be done but until then a limit may help.

Comment

Whatever the limits set are, etc. screening is a volunteer job - I think we all need to remember that. I honestly don't care how long things are in the queue - because I realize what screeners have to go through - with regular jobs, etc. I am in the same position with a regular job and a volunteer job that I do - I can't always give my volunteer job the total attention it deserves. So - that said - Thanks to the screeners for what you do! Now the rest can start shouting at me.....

Comment

I have to agree with Mark here. Well said sir. The screeners work dilligently and have done a great deal for me personally. It's very nice to get a rejection with a polite suggestion on how to fix it, which often happens. That takes time. Without the screeners, I probably wouldn't have acquired all the skills and tips in photography I have amassed over the years. If it takes 21 days, then so be it. They're humans, they're busy, and they can't do this job 24/7. Thank you to all the screeners for your work!

Happy spotting to all,

John

Comment

The comments are especially helpful for those of us who haven't uploaded since 2011...

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy! View Post
                The comments are especially helpful for those of us who haven't uploaded since 2011...
                Welcome back Eric!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chips View Post
                  We currently have 1228 different photographers with images in the queue, with one photographer with 610 images alone in the queue.
                  600 is quite unreasonable in my opinion, that's an average of 30 a day for 20 days of constant uploading (current length of the queue). I try to keep mine under 100 and sometimes I have gone up to ~120, if I foresaw being away or busy for long periods of time.
                  [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chips View Post
                    Just a quick note, I am of the opinion that a limit of 100 images for Elite's should be over the length of the queue, not just one day. That would mean Elite members could only ever have 100 images in the queue at any one time.

Also note, these are just my opinions as a screener, and may not necessarily represent the opinions of the jetphotos.net crew.
                    I do agree with this. It is still 5 times as much then non Elite members. I think it is absurd to have much more in the screening queue. Maybe the BOSS might consider this suggestion.

Comment

I too am a fan of restricting Elite upload slots to 20 per day. That's how I do it and there's good reasons why.
                      1. After 20 uploads I get a bit bored !
                      2. It gives the screeners a break from the same uploader in a screening session.
                      3. It gives me time to reassess my uploads while they are in the queue.

No. 3 is important. In my last batch of 15 images there was an errant dust spot that I missed. Limiting the uploads gave me a chance to fix the problem. I would urge all photographers to reassess their queued images. It's amazing what pops up that will cause a rejection.

Back to Elite.... Restrict to 20 uploads per day and drop total queued images to a maximum of 100. We have some photographers who amass a shedload of images, buy one month of elite and upload the lot in one massive session. Such practises invariably lead to a high rejection rate so they then fill up the appeals queue which uses up valuable senior screener time when they could be attending to the queue.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

As an elite member I have absolutely no problem with a queue limit of 20 images. Usually I edit 10-20 pictures within one day, so I will never be able to upload more than 20. If this helps to shrink the waiting time, just do it

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                          I too am a fan of restricting Elite upload slots to 20 per day. That's how I do it and there's good reasons why.
                          1. After 20 uploads I get a bit bored !
                          2. It gives the screeners a break from the same uploader in a screening session.
                          3. It gives me time to reassess my uploads while they are in the queue.

No. 3 is important. In my last batch of 15 images there was an errant dust spot that I missed. Limiting the uploads gave me a chance to fix the problem. I would urge all photographers to reassess their queued images. It's amazing what pops up that will cause a rejection.

Back to Elite.... Restrict to 20 uploads per day and drop total queued images to a maximum of 100. We have some photographers who amass a shedload of images, buy one month of elite and upload the lot in one massive session. Such practises invariably lead to a high rejection rate so they then fill up the appeals queue which uses up valuable senior screener time when they could be attending to the queue.
                          Do Agree With You Brian

Comment

Is the length of the screening due to the number of uploaders or the numbers uploaders upload?. If most uploaders have 20 or 30 in the queue, then surely raining a small number of bulk uploaders will have little affect on the screening time. What is the average number of photos in the queue per uploader?. If this is less than say 20, then capping a few must have little positive influence on the total time to screen all the photos in the queue. For what it's worth, I personally don't give a toss how it takes as long as the screening is done carefully and not hurried to reduce the screening time.
                            Regards
                            René

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                              VERY STRONG POINT! Good stuff.

My Workflow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0mpFOHOXJU

Comment

Originally posted by rmk2112 View Post
                                Is the length of the screening due to the number of uploaders or the numbers uploaders upload?. If most uploaders have 20 or 30 in the queue, then surely raining a small number of bulk uploaders will have little affect on the screening time. What is the average number of photos in the queue per uploader?. If this is less than say 20, then capping a few must have little positive influence on the total time to screen all the photos in the queue. For what it's worth, I personally don't give a toss how it takes as long as the screening is done carefully and not hurried to reduce the screening time.
                                Regards
                                René
                                Some awesome analysis done by Dave in the screener forum concluded that reducing regular members to 15 images in the queue at a time (as opposed to 20) would reduce the current queue by almost 3500. Limiting the ELITE members who upload 500-600 images at a time to 100 images in the queue at a time would reduce the queue size by an additional 2000+.

Comment

Working...
                                X