Rejection Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection Help

Dear all, I had this shot rejected for unlevel horizon. However to me, the shot seems level with reference to the terminal building.

As such, I do not know how to correct the problem- how much to rotate and in which direction eg 0.2 CCW. I am using Adobe Photoshop CS6 and would appreciate it if you could give me your kind advice on this.

Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I left a message in the appeal rejection email that it was leaning to the left. It therefore needs some clockwise rotation. The best method of calculation is always to choose a solid vertical structure nearest the centre of the frame. Lamp posts, fences and radio aerials etc. are not normally suitable as they flex and bend but in this case note that the substantially built apron light poles are tapered throughout their length and therefore much stronger than a simple parallel sided pole. I used the pole nearest to the centre of the frame.
    In Photoshop select the ruler tool and expand the image by 300% - 400%. Set the line in centre of the light pole at the top and run it down through the middle to the base. Go to Image...Rotate Canvas...Arbitrary. You should see a value of around 0.9 degrees clockwise. Click OK.

A little tip for "eyeballing" verticals without using the ruler just to give you an idea of what needs to be done. You can set the toolbar to a single vertical column and hey presto....there's a straight vertical line that you can drag around to check verticals.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Rejection Help

Brian, Thanks a zillion for your detailed advice. Do have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Comment

Working...
      X