X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plane hits fat guy on beach

lol

moving quickly in air

Not sure the guys was hit, but for sure one of the fence/border poles was hit.

Comment

Do anybody know where it happened?
      I'd like to search this runway on Google Maps.
      The image is not very clear, but it looks to me like there are some chevrons in the beginning of the runway. If so, not only the pilot touched down short of the asphalt, but maybe a hundred feet short of the threshold.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

The Asiana crew strikes again?

Sum Ting Wong
        Hui Thieu Lo
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I'd like to meet the person who titled the video. Those of you who have met me know why
          I'll give him bleeding FAT !!!
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

a student pilot for sure. He needs to do more "touch and go"
            A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
              a student pilot for sure. He needs to do more "touch and go"
              The did touch (the fence, the pole, the sand, nearly a belly) and go.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                The Asiana crew strikes again?
                I wonder if there was some stealth feature of the automation involved.

Comment

And that is why you have to be pretty silly to sit at the end of a runway being used by light aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                    I'd like to meet the person who titled the video. Those of you who have met me know why
                    I'll give him bleeding FAT !!!

This apparently happened at Helgoland, Germany (on the north sea).
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I've known chicks that kept a close cut landing strip , but ...

Is this in Brazil ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                        I wonder if there was some stealth feature of the automation involved.
                        Oh, I'm sure that the autothrottle on and off switches and status lights are quite well hidden.
                        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
                          This apparently happened at Helgoland, Germany (on the north sea).
                          Then, it must be runway 21 by the look of it.
                          Runway 21 has (by Google Earth measurement) a 1370ft concrete strip including a 145ft displaced threshold, so it's 1225 of useful runway.

The plane is a 180HP, four seats Piper PA-28-181.
                          With a landing ground roll (touchdown to stop) of 925ft and landing distance (from a 50ft obstacle to stop) of 1390ft, I'd say they were quite tight.

Comment

I got the impression he is trying to land on rwy 33, the station building is about 45° to the right of the centerline. Gives him a bit more room but still short..

Take a look at the guy who sits about 10 meters to the right of the passing aircraft, against one of the fence poles..

Did the pilot get a gust of tailwind at the end, which made him drop through..?

Comment

That's runway 21, identified by the looping breakwater in the bay.
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                              X