Part of aircraft cut off rejection very very need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of aircraft cut off rejection very very need help

Hi! I got reject for Part of aircraft cut off http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=5659913

In this photo there is really a part of the wing is cut off. But I can see from 30 to 50 photos accepted each day with a part of the wing cut off.
    Upload guide doesn't explain where cut off is acceptable and where not. Only these four sentences and two broken links (by the way all links with photo examples in upload guide are broken)
    3.2 Cut Off

In many cases cropping out parts of the aircraft improves the picture dramatically, but if something has been cut off without a clear motive for doing so it will most likely be rejected. Generally speaking, do not crop through essential parts of the main subject. As a rule of thumb if you want to show a close up of an aircraft, show only the main subject. For example: a photo showing almost the whole aircraft, but with the tail chopped off will most likely be rejected.

Not acceptable photos
    http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewsample.php?id=91
    http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewsample.php?id=89

From this guide I can only found out that "the tail chopped off will most likely be rejected" and I can not see even not acceptable examples because of broken links. So for me the only one source to understand which "Cut off photos" can be accepted is the JP database. As I said before I see dozens "Cut off photos" with part of the wing cut off accepted each day. I uploaded the same style photos and got reject.

I appealed. Here my full appeal text:
    Hi! Yes a part of the aircraft is really cut off. And so what? There is hundreds thousand photos in JP database with "part of aircraft cut off". I saw these photos I uploaded the same style photos and I got rejects. Very unclear screening process! Not equal rules applied to equal photos. I'm very disappointed! Here only few examples of photos with "part of aircraft cut off" only for the last 24 hours: http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8482637http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8482780http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8482887From previous periods: http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8398099http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8482410http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8481215

My appeal was rejected. Here the full reject text:
    Your appeal for photo id 5659913 has been processed and has been rejected.
    Admin Comments >>
    >> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=5659913

Admin comment has only the link to my rejected photo. It's not another one my photo it is the same photo that I appealed with the same id 5659913. It's all explanation I've got...
    This is why I post this thread.
    I still disagree with reject.
    And I hope someone can give an explanation.

The simple explanation is that we are human. Where humans do work mistakes are sometimes made. However, your photo was screened and rejected. You appealed and that was rejected and that is the end of the process.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

The simple explanation is that your composition does not work. Either cut closer to the tail fin or include the whole stab.

Comment

The simple explanation is that we are human. Where humans do work mistakes are sometimes made. However, your photo was screened and rejected. You appealed and that was rejected and that is the end of the process.
        It's a very sad end of the process because not from the first reject not from the appeal reject not from your comment I can not understand the reason "why it was rejected and where is the borderline between my photo and other cut off photos in the database?". I still in doubt. And this means I can upload the same style photos in the future and I'll get reject again and again because I still don't know how to cut off "properly". I post this thread to get assistance to get understanding what is an "acceptable cut off" and why my case is not aceptable. I need it for future uploads. And what have i got only "that is the end of the process"?

Comment

I can see why it was rejected that way. You cut the end of the horizontal stabiliser off which could have easily have been included in if a wider crop was made. That in my opinion makes it look messy and i'd consider it a lazy composition. Why cut the tip of the stabiliser off?
          To improve the edit, i'd either include the whole stabiliser and preferably the wing too or, alternatively, make it a closer crop so you crop right up to the winglet on the left and right up to the tail on the right making it still look balanced. (Pls see attached pic but it's just for cropping suggestion....please ignore the bottom bit as the screen grab went onto my desktop).

Hope this helps a bit

Regards, James

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	1015323
          Last edited by B7772ADL; 2017-01-19, 12:34.

Comment

The simple explanation is that your composition does not work. Either cut closer to the tail fin or include the whole stab.
            Thanks for the explanation! This position is clear and will help me for the future uploads.
            May I ask one more question? Does not work for who? For one or two screeners or for thousands JP users who comes to JP web site? Are you sure that they have the same oppinion? Are you sure that JP users dislike to see all photos that "does not work in the oppinion of one or two screeners". I'm sure that my photo is not the only one rejected because it "does not work in screener's oppinion". I do appreciate screener's work. And I think it's a very good work when we talk about quality of the photos (backlit, blurry, underexposed and many others photo quality aspects). But "your composition does not work" it is not about technical quality of the photo it's about someone's personal oppinion "like/dislike". Are you sure that personal oppinion make a good profit to JP? Are you sure that photographers satisfied with rejects "I think your composition does not work" are your sure that all this photos could not be interesting to JP users? And if we talk about JP as about business project who is the client of JP? Is it more than 90000 aviation photographers registered on JP web site? Is it thousands of JP and FR24 users? Or maybe it is several screeners? Maybe it's better to let photographers and users decide what "composition do work" and what "composition does not work"? And maybe sometimes photographers will be wrong and their composition will not work. But let the photographers be wrong in front of thousand user's eyes but not in front of one or two screeners eyes. Of course all this I said about photos on aviation thematics.
            Don't you think that in some cases it can kill photographer's creativeness? And we see series of similar views "or closer" "or full aircraft" all others will be rejected.

Comment

Thanks James for paying attention to my post and taking time to create correct crop and for very clear explanation! It's very helpfull! I'll do correction for some future uploads. Unfortunately it's not possible for this photo because my intention was to show the main object with the background with wide-bodies of Rossiya airlines around. I thought that view was interesting. In my oppinion closer view is too usual in this case and for me less valuable. As Brian said "we all humans" and as I can say "we all have personal oppinion". Anyway I think JP screening process should pass through more photos with "photographer's personal oppinion" even when the screener disagree. And thank you James one more time for spending time to my problem!

Comment

Mikhail,
                It's not about working or not working for a screener.
                Explanation is simple and has been pointed out. The main issue is cut-off stab. I've been screening since 2006 and that has always been a very clear reject reason.
                As it was said, there's no reason to cut off such a small part of the stab (and there's also no creativeness about it). Either cut more or include the whole stab.
                I even remember my first rejection for exactly the same reason... a DC10 at AMS in 2004 .... since then I always try to be careful and when doing a crop, I try to think about why I would cut a shot like that.

On a side note, you often make extremely long appeals. Unfortunately we don't have the space for long explanations in our screening appeal page. Very often I feel like your long explanations would fit better in the forum as they raise interesting points where our reply could benefit the whole community. So please feel free to use the forum more and we'll do our best to help you out here better

Best regards
                Alex

Comment

Originally posted by MAG View Post
                  Thanks for the explanation! This position is clear and will help me for the future uploads.
                  May I ask one more question? Does not work for who? For one or two screeners or for thousands JP users who comes to JP web site? Are you sure that they have the same oppinion? Are you sure that JP users dislike to see all photos that "does not work in the oppinion of one or two screeners". I'm sure that my photo is not the only one rejected because it "does not work in screener's oppinion". I do appreciate screener's work. And I think it's a very good work when we talk about quality of the photos (backlit, blurry, underexposed and many others photo quality aspects). But "your composition does not work" it is not about technical quality of the photo it's about someone's personal oppinion "like/dislike". Are you sure that personal oppinion make a good profit to JP? Are you sure that photographers satisfied with rejects "I think your composition does not work" are your sure that all this photos could not be interesting to JP users? And if we talk about JP as about business project who is the client of JP? Is it more than 90000 aviation photographers registered on JP web site? Is it thousands of JP and FR24 users? Or maybe it is several screeners? Maybe it's better to let photographers and users decide what "composition do work" and what "composition does not work"? And maybe sometimes photographers will be wrong and their composition will not work. But let the photographers be wrong in front of thousand user's eyes but not in front of one or two screeners eyes. Of course all this I said about photos on aviation thematics.
                  Don't you think that in some cases it can kill photographer's creativeness? And we see series of similar views "or closer" "or full aircraft" all others will be rejected.
                  Thank you for your feedback, but what I tried to explain is exactly what is said the the up-load guideline, I just condensed it down for application on the photo in question.

3.2 Cut Off

In many cases cropping out parts of the aircraft improves the picture dramatically, but if something has been cut off without a clear motive for doing so it will most likely be rejected. Generally speaking, do not crop through essential parts of the main subject. As a rule of thumb if you want to show a close up of an aircraft, show only the main subject. For example: a photo showing almost the whole aircraft, but with the tail chopped off will most likely be rejected.

Your case is a typical case for cutting off a tiny part for no obvious reason. But as I thought that you might not be able to include the whole stab, I tried to offer you a solution which could be seen as improving the photo and therefore being acceptable, which is to crop close to the tail fin.

Comment

Working...
                  X