Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection for Similar Picture

Hello all,
    Iam bit confused into why this picture got rejected for similar picture uploaded, http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=5659694 i have then appealed the picture but got my appeal rejected with a response link to a picture i took 2 years ago of the same plane + Reg, but im i wrong is saying they both look bit different ? http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7892513 example such as the gear is being retracted in the new upload and also one of the wing tips is hidden and lastly the angle of the nose is around 10 degrees pointing up as this was a take off shot and not a landing shot compared to previous upload ? does this count as a similar picture even though the new rejected photo is in better quality to the one i took 2 years ago
    Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Wael.
    What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?

From the upload guidelines:

"Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight. The angle between uploads must differ by at least 45 degrees.
    However, if a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it. Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar."

So yes, looking at the 2 photos you've showed they are too similar and it looks like the screeners didn't deem the quality to be "significantly" better. If you are desperate to get the new one in the database you can request deletion of the old photo by admin and then upload the new one.

Regards, James.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
      From the upload guidelines:

"Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight. The angle between uploads must differ by at least 45 degrees.
      However, if a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it. Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar."

So yes, looking at the 2 photos you've showed they are too similar and it looks like the screeners didn't deem the quality to be "significantly" better. If you are desperate to get the new one in the database you can request deletion of the old photo by admin and then upload the new one.

Regards, James.

Hello
      James Thank you so much for pointing this out to me its much appreciated
      Regards
      Wael.
      What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?

Comment

Working...
      X