Take this with a pinch of salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take this with a pinch of salt

Most Indonesian aircraft crashes are drug related, or not!!!

Most of Indonesia's airline accidents have involved pilots who tested positive for drugs, including a Lion Air jet that slammed into the sea four years ago while trying to land on the tourist island of Bali, the chief of the national narcotics agency said.

Hm. I'd rather take this with a cup of coffee!

I have taken out of my suitcase, the 2017 (!) European Black list for unsecure airlines.

Although that frequently used list contains more than 40 (!) Indonesian airlines, who don't own the right to enter or cross the German airspace... Batik Air Indonesia, KAL Star Indonesia, Unindo Indonesia, the most prominent Indonesian airline in 2017 is not officially banned from the German airspace.

Btw, if I were CEO of BA, KL or UA, I'd also try to ban airlines from my airspace, which use the "the name at least sounds like one of the best airlines on the planet"-trick. The "it sounds like"-trick does neither work transatlantic nor transpacific. It simply does not work.

After all, Garuda Indonesia in 2017 hasn't been banned from the European airspace. But as a result of demand, Europe - Indonesia nonstop flights have become rare. That was not always the case, as I remember. When the new millenium was only a baby, I had one of these as my desktop image (!):

Victor Tango in Indonesia, 2003

Experience doesn't come from nowhere...
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

In 2010, I thought for two seconds, does this nickname have a future.

Or should I change, to B773ER, which I've sometimes declared as a legal successor of the Jumbo Jet. But my favourite airline has never made such a decision, in contrast to our neighbour airport (Schiphol).

That bird would be my choice for a flight to Indonesia (Schiphol very carefully altered the traditional livery, from NL blue to NL blue, but this triple7 is a surprise..):
      The neighbour ship comes in, Jakarta 2016

Or, if you know Schiphol since more than 10 years, this special livery is not such a big surprise. Simply Oranje!
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-01-14, 13:20. Reason: Oranje.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by vaztr View Post
        Most Indonesian aircraft crashes are drug related, or not!!!

https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=15...gs-for-crashes
        Rubbish. AirAsia Flight 8501 had nothing to do with drugs and neither did Lion Air Flight 904. Both were signs of an abysmal safety culture. Both were flown by 'pilots' who lacked the knowledge needed to be anywhere near the cockpit. The crew of 8501 violated a basic rule of autoflight (never pull vital CB's in flight unless under a dire emergency) and then violated the basic rules of flying. The PIC of 904 violated minimums and the basic rules of go-around. If Indonesia should be ashamed of anything here—and they should—it aint drug abuse...

Comment

Working...
        X