Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EasyJet claims that British Airways serves more expensive food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EasyJet claims that British Airways serves more expensive food!

Largest budget airline of Britain says its snacks and sandwiches are more economical than BA’sBy dawn today British Airways put a halt to their decades-old strategy of offering complimentary food to all travellers. Economy passengers on European and domestic routes are now asked to order from a variety of ‘most liked M&S Food hall’ options. British Airways is now providing Marks & Spencer refreshments, starting from a £1 pack of chips to a £4.95 ‘tomato and buffalo mozzarella focaccia’.
    Find more info here: http://flyinganarchy.com/british-air...ks-us-easyjet/

Originally posted by hugh View Post
    Largest budget airline of Britain says its snacks and sandwiches are more economical than BA’sBy dawn today British Airways put a halt to their decades-old strategy of offering complimentary food to all travellers. Economy passengers on European and domestic routes are now asked to order from a variety of ‘most liked M&S Food hall’ options. British Airways is now providing Marks & Spencer refreshments, starting from a £1 pack of chips to a £4.95 ‘tomato and buffalo mozzarella focaccia’.
    [...]
    Hm. In Germany, we could have a similar discussion. But afaik, and since I was on board a medium haul LH jet, there hasn't changed so much. On European and domestic LH routes, it very much depends on the time between take off and landing. One or two glasses of tomatoe juice are always included in a LH flight (operated with an LH aircraft), as far as I know.

Let's take Dusseldorf - Munich, 265 nautical miles, in a LH jet nonstop.

That happens MUCH faster than Amsterdam - Frankfurt/Main in a car, you can trust me: for 440 kilometers in a car, I'd recommend
    5 hours, especially if you try to use the German A3 Autobahn on a Saturday. Or, this seems like a Jeremy Clarkson question, what car do you use?

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 liter W16? The standard version is good for 407 km per hour. But are you good for 407 km per hour, in a car, on a German Autobahn? I'd recommend a jet, doesn't have to be my nickname. As you know it from the TV commercial:
    Use a jet and arrive relaxed.

So, if you wish to eat something on that short haul routes, I think it is on board, but I don't know if it is free. The philosophy might be, e.g. with LH 2023, that Hofbrauhaus (with an Ä) awaits you for lunch, arr 0737 local.
    And you can take breakfast at home?

PS: Btw, Welcome to Jetphotos!
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-01-14, 06:00. Reason: The jet is much faster, whatever car you take!
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

On BA trans-Atlantic flights my wife takes her own sandwiches - she hates BA food.

Comment

We flew BA premium economy to Barbados. The only difference in the service was 36-37" legroom. Otherwise it was a standard economy seat, standard economy food service and standard economy IFE. Admittedly it might have improved by now as it was 5 years ago but I wasn't particularly impressed.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Price must match quality. More expensive means little if it also tastes better. If it does, I have no idea as I have not tried one the offerings on BA nor on EasyJet. And then you might find out that different snacks are of different quality or that the quality has changed since your last flight. If BA is similar to Iberia in quality, then I think it should be one of the more acceptable products. (Iberia is currently fine on price and quality imho)
          Last edited by seahawk; 2017-01-16, 14:05.

Comment

We flew BA to Tenerife in November, mainly for the nonstop flight. Meal service was a boxed sandwich, Yogurt, chocolate crunch and orange juice. I was pleasantly surprised by the tasty quality.
            I wasnt so pleasantly surprised to be turned out of my prebooked and paid for overwing exit seat with more legroom. Yes, I need disabled assistance but only because of the long distance from the terminal to the gate. The BA website says that I need to be able to confirm that I can operate the overwing exit and evacuate quickly. I can do that, probably more efficiently than any other passenger. BA need to recognise that there are varying types of disability.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I've been travelling with BA couple of times and I wasn't impressed by the food they served... Even at overseas flights.
              Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive

Comment

Working...
              X