More training is needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More training is needed...

In this air traffic control video game you must...TURN LEFT OR DIE!
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

If it had been someone else posting I would have deleted this thread as spam and banned the originator !!!

However...seeing as it's you
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Continuing with marginally-relevant, but interesting and chuckle-worthy stuff:

PROCEDURES vs. FUNDAMENTALS

If the Linky works, it describes a Pakistani Airline that sacrificed a goat before take off (along with a picture of a representative? ATR)

Edit: Linky update: http://mashable.com/2016/12/19/pakis...d#2VLKK.R5XqqS

It brings up many questions- is it on the QRH-before-takeoff-checklist? Or a special procedure when you are extra afraid of flying a not-so-Western flight for a not-so-Western airline with not-so-Western pilots?

Or does it represent fundamentals / religious fundamentalism? Maybe it is a good fundamental action when flying in said not-so-Western environments?
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Linky fails looks like it isn't complete

Comment

Originally posted by vaztr View Post
          Linky fails looks like it isn't complete
          Thanks, try again- this does now work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            It brings up many questions- is it on the QRH?
            No, and neither is goat-around. Requires fundamentalism.

Comment

MUSIC ARTIST PREVENTS NEAR-TOTAL AIR DISASTER!!!!!

Brian: You may have to move this to off-topic or delete it and ban me yet, because now, this thread is starting to get really bad.

Hollywood prevents NEAR TOTAL AIR DISASTER!

Eighties heartthrob Richard Marx, 53, may be known for singing love songs, but he fearlessly jumped to subdue an apparently crazed passenger aboard a flight from Hanoi, Vietnam, to Seoul, South Korea, earlier today. “A guy sitting in the next row from us got crazy & started attacking the flight attendants & passengers,” the MTV VJ turned fashion mogul, 50, wrote. On our flight from Hanoi to Seoul a guy sitting in the next row from us got crazy & started attacking the flight attendants & passengers.

Seems like there must be SOMETHING strange in the air with aviation news. Perhaps CO or some other low-level aircraft-based aerosol poison.

Or maybe, just the Christmas spirit!

Comment

Really quite scary when you suddenly realise that the person holding the Taser hasn't got a clue how to use it !!

Comment

We need a Richard Marx on every flight!

Comment

Originally posted by vaztr View Post
                    We need a Richard Marx on every flight!
                    More like an armed skymarshal. And what's with the rope ? Why not good old steel handcuffs!

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                      If it had been someone else posting I would have deleted this thread as spam and banned the originator !!!

However...seeing as it's you
                      Without having used 3WE's link, that's an interesting statement. Since 2008 I surely have come across the one or the other candidate. And now I'll try what he has found in the depths of the tube.
                      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

I've tried it without sound. Not a good idea, right?

A bear with sunglasses, or what is it about?

Turn left or die tryin? It doesn't make sense without sound, the next time with sound. And I remember what Lester Holt showed us. Indeed, more training is needed. If all professional requirements were as detailed as... e.g. driver licenses, or aviation licenses...

Sometimes I love the news.
                        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                          More like an armed skymarshal. And what's with the rope ? Why not good old steel handcuffs!
                          I know, rope?! Do they also have gallows or a dungeon downstairs?

What about good old plastic zipties?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                            ...I know, rope...
                            Typical Evan black and white thinking.

I know this will irritate you, but it very well may be cowboy improvisation from someone's recreational supplies in a carry-on.

To me, I just see good ole fashioned fundamentals and good CabinRM.

Comment

Working...
                            X