How miles work when flying in codeshare flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How miles work when flying in codeshare flights

I bought a ticket with LATAM. It's 5 flights round trip. Only one flight is operated by LATAM. The other 4 are in American Airlines flights or its regional airlines partner (Mesa, AExpress). In the 2 that are "real" American (which are the longest flights by far), my ticket have the LATAM flight code.

I have frequent flyer IDs in both airlines, but I use American much more often than LATAM (actually, I have only one flight in LAN so far, and the only reason why I would have more now is because AA didn't have availability for these flights while LATAM did).

Upon request of the booking tool, I entered both my AA and LATAM IDs.
    However, if possible, I would prefer to have all the miles added in the AA program. Is that possible?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

fairly sure you will earn the miles on aa if you entered you aadvantage number alone. however, since you entered both, that may create an issue. if you can, go back into the reservation and clear the latam number.

i have no experience with latam, but with BA my miles post to my aa account fairly quickly even though i book with ba

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
      fairly sure you will earn the miles on aa if you entered you aadvantage number alone. however, since you entered both, that may create an issue. if you can, go back into the reservation and clear the latam number.

i have no experience with latam, but with BA my miles post to my aa account fairly quickly even though i book with ba
      Thank you! I'll try to do that. I guess and hope it will work the same way since AA and LATAM are both OneWorld airlines.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

On a slightly different area I see that some airline frequent flyer programs give reduced mileage for flights flown on partner airlines.

Comment

Working...
        X