Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category for gliders

Hi guys
    Just had a rejection of a Glider "Categories Wrong or Missing" This relates to the Aircraft Specific Category
    The choices are Biz Jet, Cargo, Helicopter,Lighter than air,small prop,special scheme,warbird. .. a Glider really is none of the above, but the closest IMO is "Lighter than air", but still it gets rejected. Can anyone clarify which is the correct one to tick for a glider?
    Thanks

Originally posted by tartanpics View Post
    Hi guys
    Just had a rejection of a Glider "Categories Wrong or Missing" This relates to the Aircraft Specific Category
    The choices are Biz Jet, Cargo, Helicopter,Lighter than air,small prop,special scheme,warbird. .. a Glider really is none of the above, but the closest IMO is "Lighter than air", but still it gets rejected. Can anyone clarify which is the correct one to tick for a glider?
    Thanks
    Next time, a link to the rejection in question would be useful.

If you are referring to this image

Click image for larger version

Name:	68700_1479639124.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	1015215

The only category I could see possibly being applied is 'Night Shot', as the light seems to be low. In any case, it would not have been rejected for category alone, as it's not abundantly clear (to me anyway) that the low light is due to dusk/dawn conditions. The blur/softness are much bigger issues that I don't think are fixable with this image.

Comment

Dlowwa...thanks...Although yes my question stemmed from that shot getting rejected, i have no issue with the other reasons for rejection and therefore not appealing, the other rejection points are valid... so... the question was a general one in relation to what category a Glider comes under? Night shot on a (granted not well lit) shot taken at midday would seem an insane category to apply IMO. A bit more clarity on what exactly the "categories wrong or missing" WAS would be helpful. (FYI a year or so ago i had a shot rejected with a single reason.. "Categories wrong or missing"... nothing else, only that... and again, no explanation offered to which category should have been applied)

Comment

Originally posted by tartanpics View Post
        Dlowwa...thanks...Although yes my question stemmed from that shot getting rejected, i have no issue with the other reasons for rejection and therefore not appealing, the other rejection points are valid... so... the question was a general one in relation to what category a Glider comes under? Night shot on a (granted not well lit) shot taken at midday would seem an insane category to apply IMO. A bit more clarity on what exactly the "categories wrong or missing" WAS would be helpful. (FYI a year or so ago i had a shot rejected with a single reason.. "Categories wrong or missing"... nothing else, only that... and again, no explanation offered to which category should have been applied)
        These days we generally reject for category alone only if the uploader has been warned on previous occasions about incorrect/missing categories. Personally, I leave comments on rejections that have category listed as a problem if

1. the image is correctable (leaving instructions on an image that can't be fixed might encourage another pointless upload attempt)
        2. it is not immediately clear what the category problem is - a Star Alliance scheme missing 'Special Scheme' will get a comment, but a helicopter missing 'Helicopter' will not

In your case, since gliders don't have any special category, I wouldn't have added category to the rejection, as I can't see that as being a 'Night Shot' as defined by JP.net. If it had been more clearly taken at night, I would likely have added the category rejection, without a comment as I don't see yours as fixable. In this theoretical situation, had the quality issues been less severe, I would then have left a comment. Hope that makes sense!

The gist of it is you didn't miss anything obvious related to the category in my opinion, but you can't necessarily fault the screener for not leaving a comment, as the image was likely seen as not being worthy of a re-submission attempt.

Comment

Working...
        X