New Delta E175 comfort + mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Delta E175 comfort + mod

The new Comfort+ mod for the Delta Embraer 175. This adds in seat power to first class and economy comfort. It also adds 2 more rows of economy comfort seating. Giving a new cabin lay out of 12 First class, 20 Economy comfort, 44 economy. 76 total

That's not actually Delta. Delta doesn't have any E170/175s.

Comment

That looks very nice, smart and comfortable
      Kind regards
      Simon Fewkes
      www.spottinglog.com / www.bristolairportspotting.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
        talk about technical....no, DELTA as an airline, may not operate these, but all their regionals OPERATING AS DELTA do.

it always perturbed me when folks try to distinguish between the legacy and regional carrier. go ahead and try to book a trip directly with a regional, such as Compass or Republic. 100% impossible. they exist ONLY because they operate flights on behalf of their legacy affiliates.

so while a crew member's paycheck may say compass or republic or some other mostly-unknown-to-the-public airline, we all know who's flight it really is. not to mention that boarding passes likely all say Delta, AA, United etc etc

oh, and then there's this gem: "¹ Excludes certain aircraft we own or lease, which are operated by regional carriers on our behalf." found here:http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...aft-fleet.html

so it would appear that Delta does "have" E170/175s. they just let others fly them...

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
          talk about technical....no, DELTA as an airline, may not operate these, but all their regionals OPERATING AS DELTA do.

it always perturbed me when folks try to distinguish between the legacy and regional carrier. go ahead and try to book a trip directly with a regional, such as Compass or Republic. 100% impossible. they exist ONLY because they operate flights on behalf of their legacy affiliates.

so while a crew member's paycheck may say compass or republic or some other mostly-unknown-to-the-public airline, we all know who's flight it really is. not to mention that boarding passes likely all say Delta, AA, United etc etc

oh, and then there's this gem: "¹ Excludes certain aircraft we own or lease, which are operated by regional carriers on our behalf." found here:http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...aft-fleet.html

so it would appear that Delta does "have" E170/175s. they just let others fly them...
          Glad someone has my back

Comment

Yeah, I understand how airlines work seeing as to how I work for one... What I mean by "Delta" is that regardless of which regional carrier is actually flying the flight, when someone buys a ticket on Delta and its listed as an E175 this is the new cabin they can expect. No need to slip hairs over technicalities

Comment

Originally posted by mtrainer90 View Post
              Yeah, I understand how airlines work seeing as to how I work for one...
              Impressive.

I used to fly those "Delta" E170/175s, so I understand it, too.

Comment

Impressive.

I used to fly those "Delta" E170/175s, so I understand it, too.
                You're still missing the point here but its really not working having a pissing contest over. Good day

Comment

Indeed!

...definitely requires lots of input from the legal department regarding technical transparency vs. inferred branding.
                  Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

it always perturbed me when folks try to distinguish between the legacy and regional carrier...
                    I get similarly irked when folks don't.

Comment

Im not sure if "we" in the marketing department want folks distinguishing. We wouldn't want our passengers to know that low-time, poorly-paid pilots are making critical slow taxi vs pooling fuel-leak decisions.
                      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                        Indeed!

...definitely requires lots of input from the legal department regarding technical transparency vs. inferred branding.
                        Glad you and TeeVee understand what I mean by "Delta E175"
                        Guess some people just have nothing better to do than troll forums

Comment

is that perhaps because you work for the parent/legacy side and somehow feel better or superior? and you may be. i won't take that away from you. my limited knowledge of these things tells me that most folks start off in regionals and "graduate" to legacy or other large carriers. thus feeling that they are better or whatever.

from the legal perspective, AE lost my bag (the only time in more than two million flown miles). my ticket was purchased from AA, so the claim was filed with them, and the small claims lawsuit that followed named AA as the defendant. they did not attempt to dismiss based upon the FACT that AE was my carrier as was specified on the eTicket (which I still have!).

now, that doesn't mean they don't have some kind of agreement about who pays for what and who later reimburses, but somehow i doubt that.

oh, one last thing, none of delta's regionals have a contract of carriage. rather, they direct you to the majors' COCs.

Comment

Originally posted by mtrainer90 View Post
                            Glad you and TeeVee understand what I mean by "Delta E175"
                            Guess some people just have nothing better to do than troll forums
                            I also understand what you mean. But there is nobody here which I would call a 'troll' . But some seniors think that they are longer awake than others.

And some seniors think that they are the only ones who can write what they think. But I won't take that away from em. harr.
                            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                              I also understand what you mean. But there is nobody here which I would call a 'troll' . But some seniors think that they are longer awake than others.

And some seniors think that they are the only ones who can write what they think. But I won't take that away from em. harr.
                              ....and some seniors write on-topic, clearly understood words.
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                              X