Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Canon]New camera-which one is the best

Hey mates,

I'm currently thinking about what would be the best camera after my current one which is a 1D Mk III. As lens I'm working with the Canon 70-200 f4, Canon 16-35 f2,8 and a Tamron 28-75 f2,8. Possible equipment change would be changing the Tamron to a Canon one and maybe add a Canon 100-400. But that's just a plan

I thought about buying the 1D IV but it's quite expensive if you get it used for maybe 2000€. Maybe there is another camera good for spotting and sport photography

Enjoy your weekend
    View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

You shouldn't be misunderstood.

You like to own the 1D MK III also in future? It seems as if you somehow like the machine. And believe me, probably no one in this forum is more on your side than me... Boeings are able to conquer a man's heart, or, if you like, a very good camera.

It very much seems like as if you don't wanna buy the successor. So, there is still a difference between a camera which YOU could always carry with you or...
    a camera that maybe your son or your daughter can use next year for spotting.

Panasonic Lumix has quite convinced me, as I am not an official Jetphotos photographer. If your second camera should also be
    'Approved by Jetphotos',
    you should say a budget, and/or an MTOW (maximum weight). All Lumix cameras in Germany only cost less than a half of your 1D. So let's try not more than a quarter?

Hm. Weight seems to be a secret, at least for German users of the Panasonic homepage. That's the reason why I prefer local dealers for detail. He or she explains to you which card is not too big/too fast for the camera, you can weigh in in your own hands.

Without knowing the weight of it, let's see what this one is good for:
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200.
    24x optical zoom. Which imho, is not bad for a second car.
    349 Euros.

And yes. Enjoy your (European?!) weekend, too.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I want to stay with Canon also in the future but looking for a camera that maybe goes with the time as the 1D III is quite old. I have no problem with the weight as I have a stable bag and never had problems in travelling with plane or so. I'd keep the 1D III as backup or for special situations where you might have to change your lens very very fast.

At all I'm more interested in the technique of the camera. For example does the new camera has a good auto focus (for sport) or a good sensor or does work at all very good.
      View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

Working...
      X