Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirates announces services to FLL!

http://www.emirates.com/media-centre...rt-lauderdale#

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 — DUBAI, U.A.E – Emirates today announced it will launch a daily service between Dubai and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, on December 15, 2016, serving the South Florida area, including Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and West Palm Beach. This will be Emirates’ 11th passenger route in the United States.

The airline will operate a GE-powered US-built Boeing 777-200LR aircraft in a three-class configuration on the route, offering 8 First Class suites, 42 Business Class lie-flat beds and 216 Economy Class seats for travellers, and up to 15 tonnes of bellyhold cargo for shippers.

Emirates’ daily flight EK213 will depart Dubai (DXB) at 3:00 a.m. local time and arrive in Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) at 10:25 a.m. The return flight EK214 will depart FLL at 8:20 p.m. arriving in Dubai at 7:40 p.m. the following day, with a flying time of 14 hours and 20 minutes.

Congratulations to EK, FLL (and, B6 as a partner). I wish them well, and FLL is a smart move considering that amount of competition out of MIA.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
    Congratulations to EK, FLL (and, B6 as a partner). I wish them well, and FLL is a smart move considering that amount of competition out of MIA.
    Wow. In general, I agree with you. Competition is a good thing. But at FLL they'll provide something that you don't provide: the transatlantic flight. So, I have respect for you. That's not an everyday attitude.

Did I mention that I really miss the Florida nonstop connection? But this is a thing where they can't help us.

PS: Did somebody take out the ruler to measure the route? Clearly more than 6,800 nmi. That's ok. But I've uttered my opinion about flights where you are in the air for more than 12 hours. The kangaroos do that every day because otherwise they wouldn't have a chance to leave their continent...
    But 6,800? Which, today, is the longest flight in a commercial passenger jet?

I mentioned the Kangaroos. On their way to Texas, they clearly outnumber 6,800 ... Unbelievable. That's where space flight is only one step away, imho.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-10-11, 19:54. Reason: The ruler.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Hi. Great news and makes sense given JetBlues's presence there.

Kind of out of left field, kind of expected... haha.

Comment

Working...
      X