Rejection help need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection help need

I had my first 2 photos rejected, which is no big deal. But would like some help with understanding what to look for.
    1st photo

This was done for bad quality. I can only see it on my phone as I'm not by a computer.
    i also just realized that I still had it marked as Southwest from my other upload.

2nd

this got hit for JPEG artifacts, I'm not sure what is meant by that.
    and also bad info. regarding the serial/cn.
    Please forgive my not knowing what they are. I've only started photographing aircraft and don't know all the little parts/abbreviations yet.
    thank you Jason

Originally posted by jay124 View Post
    I had my first 2 photos rejected, which is no big deal. But would like some help with understanding what to look for.
    Hi,

Not sure why 'quality' only was given for the first one; usually 'quality' is given when things are really dire - which this is not. It is too soft though (almost looks out of focus), and there are some dust spots. If may be fixable depending on whether the original is actually out of focus or not.

The second is a little bit worse. It is also soft, but also noisy, off-center, and yes there is compression - in this case visible as the banding in the sky. The cn is missing (it should be 32533). Given how noisy this one is, not sure if it would be fixable or not, but it's decent enough that next time a little better planning with the camera settings and then a better edit could lead to better results.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Hi,

Not sure why 'quality' only was given for the first one; usually 'quality' is given when things are really dire - which this is not. It is too soft though (almost looks out of focus), and there are some dust spots. If may be fixable depending on whether the original is actually out of focus or not.

The second is a little bit worse. It is also soft, but also noisy, off-center, and yes there is compression - in this case visible as the banding in the sky. The cn is missing (it should be 32533). Given how noisy this one is, not sure if it would be fixable or not, but it's decent enough that next time a little better planning with the camera settings and then a better edit could lead to better results.
      I thank you for the input, I think it's great that the screeners actually answer.
      I will look at the other originals and see.
      As for the compression I can't see it, I'm not saying it not there, I'm just not sure where or what to look for.
      I can see the noise and softness now.
      Thanks for the help
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      X