FAO: teevee- Customer Service at our Favorite Airline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"From now on - the message is clear. Start using fact, and tact"

...says the one who introduced the "F-word" to the discussion of a commonly-acknowledged aviation issue.

I again refer you to the Bull Durham quote.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

F 'em, as in, forget 'em.

here's another mind boggling thing that applies across the board, i assume, since i don't fly any other airlines very regularly, why is it that i can check in on my phone in about 12 seconds, depending on data connection speeds, yet checking in at a kiosk, or with an agent is ridiculously long? WTF are the agents typing in so furiously? i'd really love to know. oh, and just to verify that we're talking apples to apples, i'm comparing the 3 with NO checked bags.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        WTF are the agents typing in so furiously? i'd really love to know.
        Indeed.

It doesn't bother me because of the great free online and smart phone check-in improvements that the airlines sweated so hard to give me at huge expense (but hey they wanted me to have it, you know), but it is a HUGE curiosity about what all they are typing versus how little I type to check in online.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I have a very simple cure for all this. On the two occasions that I flew AA I had bad experiences. I don't like them and therefore don't fly them.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            I have a very simple cure for all this. On the two occasions that I flew AA I had bad experiences. I don't like them and therefore don't fly them.
            understood. in my position, given that my home airport is 70%+ occupied by AA and the fact that they fly the vast majority of my routes direct, i kinda got stuck with them. i'm sure you understand that since i am one of their "elite" members, my overall experience is better. this doesn't relieve me from change fees though, which are beyond insane and not supported by any logic whatsoever. kool-aid drinking defenders of these types of practices neglect the fact that airlines such as AA are charging customers for doing nothing--the equivalent of say a retailer charging you for breathing while shopping in their store.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
              I think I've had good and bad experiences on most airlines. And like Tee Vee says, you don't always have a lot of choices.

Comment

i fly more miles as a passenger on AA per year than you (110,736 this ytd). i'd bet an AWFUL lot of money on that. I have not paid to check a bag EVER, so try harder next time.

give me one tiny, thin, minuscule piece of evidence that ANY consumer ever suggested to ANY airline that they get a "cheaper fare" for not checking a bag. oh wait, the corporate asshats have told you that consumers wanted that and their word is the word of gods.

the truth about deregulation is simply that it allowed corporate greed to take control which promptly caused every major airline in the US to fail. and if it weren't for the bankruptcy laws which allowed said corporate greedy bastards to spread the weight of their failures onto the backs of vendors, employees, and retirees, your precious deregulated industry would look VERY different today.

to try and combat your expectation bias, read this: http://www.onthecommons.org/magazine...-over-evidence. and dont stop there. rad all of the cites in that article to get more details.

since you insist in believing that you have cobbled together a winning argument, when it is merely a hodge podge of crappy articles, for which i'm sure you've spent countless hours piecing together; refuse to believe that you could possibly be wrong in any manner; and continue to defend your vulgarity and rudeness, i think it's better you just be ignored.
                Sometimes, I fear that he does not quite do something else than writing
                looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Jetphotos forum entries. I mean, I know AA since almost eight years, why should he write short entries.
                Did he ever reveal his location? I mean, you n me, yes, since we began here at Jetphotos.

He knows alot about FLL and MIA, so I'd say, he can't be away from you more than a rather short domestic flight.

Do we get a cheaper fare for not checking a bag? Well. It quite depends on where you fly, on which aircraft.

Let me quote the 4U/EW luggage fares (they, btw, have the same CEO as my nickname, but, who today does not operate a no-frills airline) of the year 2014:
                First bag: 15 Euro.
                Second bag: 75 Euro, or 83,77 US-$.
                No water is served before you pay it on board, et cetera. A few drops of Tomatoe juice for 3 Euros, ... This is the reason why I own the nickname that I own...

PS: 110,000 miles, not flight hours since... January 1st? But you don't use European commas, right. 110000 flight hours since 2016-01-01 are not possible, as this year did not provide much more than 6480 hours (until the end of September).

110000 miles as a passenger gain my respect. At LH, you'd get a Senator status for that. HON circle begins with mile # 600,000.
                Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-10-11, 22:28. Reason: The one who reads has a clear advantage. Miles, not flight hours.
                The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

TeeVee, I assume that, as a LH senator, you do not use the cheap children of a company.

Plus, as a LH senator, you get completely different luggage conditions. As far as my avatar is concerned, Business seats are sometimes sold out (!). Although not 'me', but the biggest doubledecker of LH goes to the Bay. Will the LH offer soon be widened to one 388 and one 744?

I've just tried the 388 with LH 454 and LH 455 (a week later), premium Economy, 1 adult, for the mid of November 016.
                  2 bags with each 50 lb are free, for both, 454 and 455.

And you earn at least 1 frequent flier mile with every mile that you are on board that two flights. I don't have the exact number in my mind, since I haven't used my 744 simulator for SFO since.. more than half a year, but I am able to look that up. Pls wait a second.

5,691 miles for the SFO destination. Plus 5,691 for the return flight.
                  Approx. 11,400 miles, if your seat is calculated 1x . There are options where a seat is calculated 1.5x .

Thus, I can guess how many hours you sit in a jet. The least that I can say is, well done.
                  Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-10-11, 23:22. Reason: The US comma.

Comment

Hmm...

The East Lansing Girl Scout leader and mom of three said she was berated and threatened for no apparent reason.

...and yes, this is what I want as a customer, and thanks so much to the airlines for providing it.

Comment

What gets my goat is when the airlines offer a monetary voucher valid only on their airline. What makes them think that we might want to travel with them again ?
                      When I get compensation I want their money for me to use where and when I want.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

ah yes, another case of AA-hole fa's.

i've certainly had my fair share of them. i also pride myself on recognizing those aholes that cannot be won over by a smile (even if i'm in shittiest of moods) and avoid them.

i wont offer a general defense of all fa's but if you stop for more than a few seconds and think about the shear number of TRUE aholes they deal with day in and day out, you may not be so surprised when they act stupidly.

i was once reported by a overly flamboyant, queen, (no offense to gay people but this guy should have been wearing a dress), when i simply informed him that the little mayo packet that accompanied my sandwich was spoiled (the mayo was green! and reeked) and was there an extra sandwich. his response was so off the hook crazy and rude, i couldn't control myself. i replied, "just because your lover didn't blow you this morning doesn't make it ok for you to treat people poorly."

3 days later i was informed by a check-in agent that i was on a no-fly list and could not check in for a flight to MEX. called a friend in the FBI who told me I was on no such list. called the AA platinum desk and was told they didn't have me on a no fly list but there was a notation on my record. after about 30 minutes i was allowed to check in. could ONLY have been the ridiculously rude knucklehead from the previous flight. consequently, i wrote to the CEO and sent the letter via FedEx directly to his office. 48 hours later i was called by an executive assistant who asked me a bunch of questions regarding the incident and if it was true that i insulted the guy with the blowjob comment. i admitted that i had said what i did and while i agreed it was inappropriate, the guy's behavior was so shockingly rude i lost control. at that point i probably only had about 900,000 miles flown on aa and i pointed out that in all the prior flights, under much more stressful situations (read: cancellations, extended delays, diversions etc etc) never once had i had a run-in with any aa employee with an attitude that even came close to this guy's.

anywho... this campaign is even more shocking and insulting: https://greatestflyers.com/

shame on you AA for being so condescending.

Comment

...AND, let's not forget the added twist that in my cited incident http://www.freep.com/story/travel/20...ines/93878176/ it was a regional airline, employing a lousy-paid regional FA...a FA that maybe has been unable to land a position at the legacy carrier (due to their marginal performance), and (brief defense of the FA's), yes indeed having to put up with gripy passengers who are hacked off because the employer can't keep the plane running, and some need to 'maintain control' before the passengers 'riot' (exaggeration, but).

...and as tee vee said, a while back: People with a little too much authority combined with a little bit too little smarts and training can be a bad combo.

Anyway, these instances that violate all semblances of common sense...there needs to be some more regulation and increased training on basics...and, I guess let's keep the smart phone handy- and sometimes customers are the ones manufacturing the issue...but then again...I've seen the rudeness and (again) the environment breeds it.

I guess I'll add on that another one of my beefs is the blatant lying that goes on- and goes on every day regarding delays...just come clean.

Interestingly, I witnessed a good on Southwest last week...first they pushed folks to gate check lots of carry-on suitcases...THEN they delayed the plane an hour for maintenance...AND THEN THEY INFORMED ABOUT 5 PASSENGERS THAT THEY WOULD MISS THEIR CONNECTION- COULD NOT GET A HOTEL AT THE LAYOVER (THEY NEEDED TO GET OFF IN HOUSTON), AND TOO BAD, BUT THIER SUTICASES WERE STYAING ON THE PLANE. (At least no one was paying a bag fee in this case).

Comment

...the latest.

The evolution of a caste system in the economy cabin of jetliners is deepening, with passengers divided and treated differently based on how much they are willing to pay the airline. American Airlines ...

Here's what bugs me: Pay-as-you-go, fine, I get it. But I'm betting a beer that the administration of this is going to be rag-tag.

And hey, I'll even get out the mirror on this one, the issue of seats and overhead space and what you get...there's a heck of a cheating and weaseling game US PASSENGERS play right now...but the Airline (trying to gloss over things as cheap as possible) just sort of turns the other cheek, (and let's the FA's get burned out on dealing with crap every day, that they start dishing crap out in a preemptive fashion).

(I'm already playing the game of asking the gate agent if they want me to voluntarily check my carry on, since I'm not important enough to get into the sentence-designated boarding groups- AND I've learned that if things are getting tight and you are few rows AHEAD of your seat and you see an available slot...better grab it because there is zero guarantee that 'your' overhead space is free.)

So, this means you take your PAY-MORE passengers and make them go to the extra effort of putting a tag on their carry-on suitcase...and the FA will card them if they try to sneak their coat up into the carry on space too? How do you do this without policing your middle-class passengers?

Seems to me, the 'right way' to do this would be to simply charge for an overhead bin tag, but I know, it's cheaper to put it in fine print and collect the $ on the website and then let the cheating passengers and FA's 'fight it out', and the goody-two-shoes passengers get the shorter end of the stick.

And for our forum member AAinsider, I'm not singling American out on the super-economy thing.

PS, I did just have a totally crappy experience on AA...Our gate was occupied, so we lost 35 minutes on the ramp- Ok, fine, that happens, but the Cabin crew never said one word about the gate we finally arrived at, nor ask that folks wait for folks with tight connections to deplane first, nor make any comment AT ALL About folks with tight connections....I run to my next flight, of course, it's gone...I go to an agent who never once says the word 'sorry' and hands me a piece of cardboard with the word 'priority' on it. At the next gate, I'm hearing the word priority boarding, and then find out, I'm actually a STANDBY passenger. Thanks AA ticket agent for doing darn near nothing to understand how YOU messed over your passenger...It's the double jeapordy thing that gets me...yeah, sure crap happens, but the way that folks seem so burnt out and uncaring (since, I'm guessing it happens EXTREMELY REGULARLY...)

Comment

ah yes, another case of AA-hole fa's.

[...]

shame on you AA for being so condescending.
                              Didn't you mention somewhere here in this forum that you've "earned" quite a bunch of miles on board of.. AA aircraft?! Thus, I wonder how you can be so .. let's say honest. But I admit, sometimes I am not either "very friendly" with my favourite airline...
                              And one thing is also true. I wouldn't be a Jetphotos member since almost a decade, if free speech wasn't guaranteed here!

Sometimes, the 'honest' or uncut opinions are the best. That might especially be true for your favourite airline, in combination with your location. And, I am not quite sure if my life is long enough to reach such a mile status, somewhen in the future also for my favourite airline in combination with my location. But I don't think that they take me seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                                ...AND, let's not forget the added twist that in my cited incident http://www.freep.com/story/travel/20...ines/93878176/ it was a regional airline, employing a lousy-paid regional FA...a FA that maybe has been unable to land a position at the legacy carrier (due to their marginal performance), and (brief defense of the FA's), yes indeed having to put up with gripy passengers who are hacked off because the employer can't keep the plane running, and some need to 'maintain control' before the passengers 'riot' (exaggeration, but).
                                I admit I smiled when I saw that the article made sure to mention that Ms Rojewski was listening to NPR's This American Life. I guess "we" are supposed to make the inference that anyone listening to such wholesome radio could never possibly be a problem. This inference was further reinforced by mentioning her slouchy sweater.

Comment

Working...
                                X