No announcement yet.

FAO: teevee- Customer Service at our Favorite Airline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a decade old list of things that are irrelevant to what untied did. whatever newspaper reported this is guilty of the same thing rapists do when they claim that the rape victim was promiscuous...

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
      a decade old list of things that are irrelevant to what untied did. whatever newspaper reported this is guilty of the same thing rapists do when they claim that the rape victim was promiscuous...
      That said: there is a set of behaviors that we should probably bone up on when dealing with authorities...stuff that goes slightly beyond the hard facts, into psychology...that will generally help things go better.

While being polite and respectful to law enforcement may be PART of it, it's not pure Mayberry either, and some comments like: "What am I being charged with?", "What lawful orders from the flight crew am I charged with refusing to obey?", "Am I being detained?" "In what way am I threatening the safety of the flight?"

Methinks the 'commandment' that thou shalt obey the flight crew really reads more like, 'thou shalt obey lawful orders of the flight crew'...not sure that "You are ordered to deplane for a crew" is lawful

...and seen some good legal reviews regarding the 'trespassing on my plane' argument...doesn't hold up in court very well when they offer to fly you somewhere and you pay them.

Also, United could in fact request that the law remove the man...simple procedure- go get a Warrant....which they....whoops....did not.

and this...."further investigation shows that untied had a later flight, aa had a later flight, and swa had a later flight (out of midway)." Whoops.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        further investigation shows that untied had a later flight, aa had a later flight, and swa had a later flight (out of midway). whaddaya think the chances are that ALL 3 of these later flights were fully booked and that untied could not have put their crew on one of them?
        That's what I've discussed with ATL only a few seconds ago, in a different forum section. If I can speak for my home airport, and for the distance which Mr Lester Holt has mentioned, those 245 nautical miles, this indeed seems a topic of too small aircraft.

And if I were able, I'd correct the topic name where ATL and I have just discussed this lack of seats.

It is not an United Airlines problem. If you're lucky, you're flown by the subsidiary of a worldwide known airline. And when Holt first mentioned UA flight 3411, I thought, ok, also a Boeing 737-900 has only 179 seats. What would I do if that flight number on that day theoretically are demanded by 189 passengers?

But that's completely off-topic, as I've learned only a few minutes ago. This was hopefully not a sub of a sub of a sub of a sub,
        but with in fact only 80 passenger seats?! This is an a/c with less than 50% of 179 seats:
        Embraer 170 incident at O'Hare

In a 747, there are (at least) two seats for pilots in the cockpit, plus x seats for crew members in the cabin, plus 374 seats for passengers. I know that there are smaller jets, which don't necessarily provide crew member only seats in the cabin.
        So, the pax capacity in an Embraer 170 is not 80, but 80 minus pilots minus crew.

I know that subsidiaries of a worldwide known airline only survive if they know how to operate an a/c type. I just try to imagine that were an Embraer which was flown with LH flight numbers.
        I don't think that with the permission of the LH CEO, such a small sub-sub jet would again be a problem for the LH headquarter...
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-04-13, 01:37. Reason: United Express 3411
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

#48 is the view of a person who never after 9/11 dared to book a flight Europe - USA - USA . Those waiting lines are also known on the whole planet.

But if I were a (business) passenger of that Republic Airline flight 3411, born and raised in Chicago, you can be sure that I'd found out where that mini jet was registrated.
          Indianapolis, IN.

And that, for God's sake, has nothin to do with the mother company. Imho, a subsidiary is only a subsidiary as long as it is able to
          - communicate a lack of seats to the mother company
          AND/OR
          - provide so many daily flights with that mini jet, so that no bigger jet is needed.

80 seats? I dont't think that my favourite airline has ever used my home airport with such a small jet!

Probably that's the difference between the mother company...
          and a mini jet.

PS: I've never taken into account that the airport of Louisville KY until today is almost the smallest jet airport beyond the pond that I've ever known. It indeed is only double as big as TNCM, which in my eyes is the smallest jet airport in or beyond the Atlantic Ocean.

But that's not important. If an Embraer 170 is too small, then it is too small, regardless of the airport size.
          Keyword: Chapecoense!

KSDF offers one 12,000 ft rwy. That's even enough for me, with MTOW! So, why on earth a mini jet, after Republican Air has perceived that the mini jet does not fulfil the task.

Chapecoense. We don't have to understand that.
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-04-13, 03:53. Reason: Less knowledge about KY state, but I'm learning.

Comment

One last entry for today in this topic, without that anybody responded.. Ok, there are airlines in Indiana, founded in 1998, which are indeed smaller than only the fleet of all
            LH-A321 taken together.

I don't say that in Germany everything is perfect. The words "Behördenterror" and "Bürokratiemonster" indeed were invented in Germany!

But if there once has been friendship (between airlines), that lasts longer. And it even works bidirectional. One example.

Not always, the bigger airline makes the first step. Formerly wholly owned by the LH mother, I still like to call them friends:
            Condor Flugdienst likes to invite you to the Maldives

The Keyword? Communication. Not only between old friends, like in this case.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-04-13, 05:22. Reason: I think, in this case, the Flugdienst was the prototype. One DE pilot might correct me.

Comment

There are actually real people, who pay real money, to fly with American airlines?
              Who would have thunk?
              Personally I had my last flight with Northwest?? or some such NRT to MNL in 2000.
              Never been tempted since. I don't like jails.
              Per
              Ancient Mariner
              Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAncientMarine View Post
                There are actually real people, who pay real money, to fly with American airlines?
                Who would have thunk?
                Personally I had my last flight with Northwest?? or some such NRT to MNL in 2000.
                Never been tempted since. I don't like jails.
                Per
                Oha. Should I be glad that you didn't replace AA with LH?

The man is mentioned in the topic name.

Probably he hasn't yet read what you wrote. As I know him with VERY honest answers. And I don't know either if you fully understand what I wrote in #50. United Airlines and my favorite airline are members of the same aviation alliance. So, theoretically also Republic Air, who uses UA flight numbers, founded 1998, with a headquarter in

Indianapolis Indiana,

belongs to the same airline alliance which in a friendly manner connects a LH-B744 with UA-B744. Theoretically.

Star Alliance and all aircraft who wear that sign have been and are a sign for aviation quality, since 1997. I don't know if Republic Air still fulfils that standard.

Back on topic: "Customer Service at our Favorite Airline". So, it is not AA? But which one is it?

Let me guess. Not Con Air (a really bad joke, but you started it). How about Scandinavian Airlines?

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                  I don't know either if you fully understand what I wrote in #50.
                  Really?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                  --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                    Really?
                    Really!
                    Per
                    Ancient Mariner
                    Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

Not Really.

Comment

Working...
                      X