Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THERE HAS BEEN A TOTAL SAFETY CHECK DISASTER!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THERE HAS BEEN A TOTAL SAFETY CHECK DISASTER!!!!!

Ban all safety checks! They kill people!

I'm sure there was a violation of procedure (or maybe a fundamental concept of not standing below objects being lowered), but excrement and human factors transpire.

...and, of course, irony aside, a genuine serious message here, things often have unintended consequences...in the boating word, the train world and the airplane world.

Gabriel wants take off performance monitoring, Boeing Bobby believes that before a plane is saved, a false warning is going to result in an accident...and perhaps there is validity to both of their feelings.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    Gabriel wants take off performance monitoring, Boeing Bobby believes that before a plane is saved, a false warning is going to result in an accident...and perhaps there is validity to both of their feelings.
    Don't get me started (or do, or did).

Lives would have been already saved by a TOPMS.
    But yes, I remember, one case was a 747 that was cargo (large plane but few souls on board), the other was was a 737 (pax plane, but a "small"one at that). So the argument was that there was no big-big accident yet (either when there was a big size - small count and a small size - big count). Until 747-8F full with 650 Paxs crashes in Downtown Tokio killing at least 3333, the risk assessment says "small risk".

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      Don't get me started (or do, or did).

Lives would have been already saved by a TOPMS.
      But yes, I remember, one case was a 747 that was cargo (large plane but few souls on board), the other was was a 737 (pax plane, but a "small"one at that). So the argument was that there was no big-big accident yet (either when there was a big size - small count and a small size - big count). Until 747-8F full with 650 Paxs crashes in Downtown Tokio killing at least 3333, the risk assessment says "small risk".

The concept of HAL monitoring EVERYTHING important and reporting anomalies with bold red font and carefully-measured human voices...

...AND...

...well-rested, well-trained, procedural- AND fundamental-wise pilots ALSO closely monitoring everything makes good sense to this outsider.

Nevertheless, it seems that there will be the occasional relentless pull up and other eye-rolling human factors failures to inspire Evan to bash the low-silicon FMS systems and fundamentals.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
      X