Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AirAsia pilot flies to Melbourne instead of Malaysia after navigation error (03/2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
    Why not just answer the question? What are you hiding and why?
    Is this thread about me? Do you have anything useful to add to this thread?

Comment

May ask when the last time was that you were on an airplane? Any airplane in any capacity. I'm genuinely curious.
      I'd prefer to know if he has ever ridden a Big-Wheel tricycle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_wheel_(tricycle) (or regular tricycle or bicycle...etc)

That may sound corny, but there's actually some really deep, basic insight there to systems, engineering, safety/risk/benefit and human factors.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Is this thread about me? Do you have anything useful to add to this thread?
        I'm just asking a question. This is a common occurrence on a forum, people ask questions. I fail to see why you, as someone who pontificates ad infinitem about aviation safety, are so reticent about your own flying escapades (or lack thereof, I suppose). Is it a matter of national security?

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary

...I'd be happy to, as soon as you explain what that has to do with anything...

...Is this thread about me? Do you have anything useful to add to this thread?...

...At this point, what difference does it make?...
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I'm just asking a question. This is a common occurrence on a forum, people ask questions. I fail to see why you, as someone who pontificates ad infinitem about aviation safety, are so reticent about your own flying escapades (or lack thereof, I suppose). Is it a matter of national security?
            No, you're baiting me of course. And I'm not taking it.

If you had a question related to the topic of this thread, why don't you just ask it? Or do you disagree with my post about service bulletin SB 34-3287, or the proper procedure or the fact that the system is outdated yet AirAsia has neglected to follow the advice of Airbus and update it or that there have been 12 documented cases of this type of data entry error causing an incident, demonstrating the need for the update or that AIrAsia has displayed a weak safety culture... ???

Speak man! Give us something substantial.

Comment

i've asked him this type of question before and got no response of value. evan is a well read, monday morning, armchair-quarterback par excellence!

and while has access to airplane data and occasionally airline data is impressive, as 3WE notes, his thinking is limited to two dimensions and is black and white. and i say this not meaning any insult, just calling it like we all see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                No, you're baiting me of course. And I'm not taking it.
                Just to clarify: you're on the record as saying that asking someone on a aviation forum when the last was they were on an airplane is "baiting". Is that, in fact, your position?

Comment

Just to clarify: you're on the record as saying that asking someone on a aviation forum when the last was they were on an airplane is "baiting". Is that, in fact, your position?
                  My position is that you are supposedly an industry insider who might have something useful to say here. If you do that, I will answer your question.

Comment

Working...
                  X