ANA to Replace 100 Engines on its 787 Dreamliners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANA to Replace 100 Engines on its 787 Dreamliners

ANA says it will replace the engines on its fleet of Boeing 787s after a series of engine failures caused by corrosion and fatigue cracking of turbine blades.

The Japanese airline plans to swap out all 100 Rolls-Royce engines currently used on its 50 Dreamliners. The process could take as long as three years, according to spokesman Yoichi Uchida.

ANA said the engine faults have already led to two cases where an aircraft was forced to return to its departure airport -- Kuala Lumpur and Hanoi. Similar issues affected a third flight in August.

Some of the cracks are the result of corrosion caused by chemicals in the atmosphere. ANA said the problem gets worse as an aircraft completes more flights.

The airline has already been forced to cancel 18 flights because of the problem, and more could be affected later this month.
    All Nippon Airways says it will replace the engines on its fleet of Boeing 787s after a series of engine failures.

Safety forum, perhaps?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      Safety forum, perhaps?
      No, I don't think so, not yet. 'Two cases where an aircraft was forced to return to its departure airport....' Although prevention is a good thing.

But ANA operates the famous 78 78 on a true long haul: 5,051 nmi, from Narita to my home airport.

And the difficulties only occured on MUCH shorter routes.

Today, they are again listed with 78 78. And I trust them.
      The last time that I viewed jacdec, they owned #11, and LH...
      #12.

The Canadians have really been good in 2015, not only within the Alliance...
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-09-07, 05:32. Reason: AC Ice
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
      X