Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over processed / bad processing

Hi
    My photo submission 5430293 (hopefully attached) has been rejected on grounds of being Over Processed or Bad Processing. I edited the photo in Lightroom before exporting it with "high" on-screen post processing sharpening.

Could I ask for some clarity of the reasons for which the photo was rejected and how I might remedy the probes for a re-submission?

Dallas
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Leocam View Post
    Hi
    My photo submission 5430293 (hopefully attached) has been rejected on grounds of being Over Processed or Bad Processing. I edited the photo in Lightroom before exporting it with "high" on-screen post processing sharpening.

Could I ask for some clarity of the reasons for which the photo was rejected and how I might remedy the probes for a re-submission?

Dallas
    Hi, there are some editing halos visible around the tail and main gear. If you can remove those, it should be fine.

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for your advice.
      When I view some of my processed sunny day photos in photoshop equaliser (in search of dust spots), I often see a black haze surrounding the main gear. Then back in normal view (Lightroom or photoshop) they look ok again. Is that black haze what you refer to as an editing halo?
      What processing tool have I overdone to get those halos? Excessive light tonal contrast, excessive clarity or excessive sharpening?

Comment

Originally posted by Leocam View Post
        Hi
        Thanks for your advice.
        When I view some of my processed sunny day photos in photoshop equaliser (in search of dust spots), I often see a black haze surrounding the main gear. Then back in normal view (Lightroom or photoshop) they look ok again. Is that black haze what you refer to as an editing halo?
        What processing tool have I overdone to get those halos? Excessive light tonal contrast, excessive clarity or excessive sharpening?
        Clarity would be my guess. It's not sharpening that would cause that. In any case, try removing one of the steps at a time, and see which results in the halos disappearing.

Comment

Working...
        X