Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airside Tours

Hey everyone.

I just watched quite a cool video, it was an airside tour of Toronto Pearson (YYZ). Here's the website if anyone wants to take a look, it's completely free. https://www.torontopearson.com/en/airsidetours/#

Thought how cool it would be to go on it, but unfortunately I live in the UK and I haven't got plans to go to Canada anytime soon.

So I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if this happens anywhere else in the world. Would be awesome to go into the airport grounds and learn more about how it works.

Cheers,

Josh.

They do it in Bishkek.

Comment

That's the funniest response I've read here in some time.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
        That's the funniest response I've read here in some time.
        Why, thank you. It's also a truthful response. The tour comes with a pot of kumys.

Comment

I never doubted your truthfulness. As someone who once knew Bishkek, I never knew. Airside tours are really a tough sell these days. That said, Frankfurt is worth looking into - they used to do them some years ago on a select basis. In the UK I don't think there are any walk-up airside tours, since the logistics and risks are too complex. In the past there have been occasional ad hoc tours at places like Stansted and Bristol, often available through groups and community memberships of various kinds. Ostende in Belgium too. I'm sure online research would unearth any current possibilities, but maintain low expectations.

Comment

Zurich has a very nice tour.

Amsterdam kind a does them as well, but it is mostly driving around the airport (landside) with a quick spin between the maintenance hangars (airside). I have not done one myself but from what I hear they are kind a underwhelming for spotters.
            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
              I never doubted your truthfulness. As someone who once knew Bishkek, I never knew.
              You've probably seen Faizrakhmat at the gate. Next time you're in Bishkek, give him five dollars, he'll give you all the airside tours you want.

Comment

Working...
              X