Ukraine Airways plane subbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukraine Airways plane subbing

I've taken a few flights on Ukraine Airways and each time the planned aircraft has been subbed for another model. I have been checking flightradar24 and comparing some flights to the planes stated on some mock bookings and they are rarely as scheduled. Is there a reason for such a large amount of aircraft swapping at PS? I havn't seen this as much on other carriers. I have a few flights booked with them in two months time with some 737 classics invloved and I'm hoping not to be subbed with Embraers again! Some of their schedules even state 737-400 and 737-700 which aren't currently in their fleet, unless they have some leases.

I would say, but don't know for sure that this most commonly happens on airlines where the scheduled type to be used has gone tech for some reason.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hi Rich,

Yes UIA does swap around a lot and you're never 100% sure about the plane type you'll get. When they show "737" it means nothing and it can be any type from their fleet (even E190).
      There are some routes which give you the best chance on a certain type though, which one are you "hunting" for?

Regards, Simon
      Simon De Rudder
      JetPhotos Management Team

Comment

Originally posted by justtosim View Post
        Hi Rich,

Yes UIA does swap around a lot and you're never 100% sure about the plane type you'll get. When they show "737" it means nothing and it can be any type from their fleet (even E190).
        There are some routes which give you the best chance on a certain type though, which one are you "hunting" for?

Regards, Simon
        It does seem "737" is equal to "EQV" at PS. I'm flying London-Kiev-Minsk, Minsk-Kiev-Yerevan, and Yerevan-Kiev-London. Apart from the two flight from London (738 and E190) the rest are showing as 737-500s, but looking at recent flight history for just Kiev-Yerevan they have used the 733, 735, 738 and E190!

Comment

Working...
        X