EVA Air To Launch DEL Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVA Air To Launch DEL Service

EVA Air is planning to fly to Delhi from this year from their Taipei hub. Further details are still awaited.

Hum. EVA here is known for their traditional Vienna route. But, due to my avatar, I am interested in 747. Our jp platform shows, that the BR-B744 is not used for the Vienna route.

Where do you use your 747s?

PS: LH-B744 currently does not go to Delhi.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Due to security reasons, we shouldn't mention all the detail. But
      SeaTac seems to be a 747 meeting place...
      Long live the legend.

Comment

Originally posted by skybound View Post
        EVA Air is planning to fly to Delhi from this year from their Taipei hub. Further details are still awaited.

http://www.anna.aero/2015/12/02/leak...and-barcelona/
        DEL is a Star Alliance Hub (courtesy of AI) and, with strong growth in India - a good combination of cargo from TPE, tapping into BR's Trans-Pacific network - the route seems primed to do well, even more so if done cautiously (as an example, would be KE's recent entry, with 4X weekly on the ICN-DEL market). I hope that this leads to bedrock business ties between both nations, and prosperity for both cities, airlines, and nations. Hopefully, as well, this provides more options to those traveling to India with better connection, experiences and fares.
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Barcelona is also planned.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
            Barcelona is also planned.
            This does not surprise me at all, and at least temporarily, this route will be rapidly successful.

As events have tarnished the reputations of almost every other, major Mediterranean tourist destination nation - Spain has seen a boom in economic growth, and significant tourist influx. The trend was highlighted, years ago, of wealthy convoys of tourists from PRC flooding to Spain on shopping trips.

I wish them well with the route, and hope that they can tap into some decent feed here. Problematically, this route is primed for CI's entrance - as it would connect onto UX's BCN hub.

Of future route expansion, I wish BR would focus a little more on US connectivity. CI's recent brand upgrade has the potential to outshine BR even more than CI has done in the past. With CI's past safety record, that was always a good thing - but as the market becomes more and more about brand recognition, BR should tap into greater US reach to better strengthen the revenue flows.

As of today, BR serves;
            SEA (interesting, considering DL's hub there. Thank goodness for AS, am-i-right?)
            SFO (not surprising at all)
            JFK
            LAX (UA hub)
            IAH (UA hub)
            ORD (UA hub)

and

ANC
            ATL
            DFW
            BOS

as cargo-only destinations, with

EWR
            HNL

having been previously, but no longer, served.

Resuming EWR might cannibalize JFK loads (which are probably well justified by cargo revenue...). However, newer technology aircraft would also make EWR possible, and the UA fortress hub, and the cannibalization effects less - even potentially profitable. As a matter of costs, I wonder if UA's costs here are lower than BR (as UA already does possess the 787s to make this route work, and Taiwan's standards of living/rate of pay for airline crews is quite high).
            Resuming HNL might be a decent move to capture access to the US market, for holiday makers from Taiwan.
            Adding passenger service to BOS might be a profitable add, especially now. While UA does not possess the power of DL at BOS (thus at BOS, allowing a potential CI-DL pairing to supersede the benefits of the lesser BR-UA), both airlines are already present there, and UA's services are much more domestic focused (which can then help loads on both carriers).
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
              DEL is a Star Alliance Hub (courtesy of AI) and, with strong growth in India - a good combination of cargo from TPE, tapping into BR's Trans-Pacific network - the route seems primed to do well, even more so if done cautiously (as an example, would be KE's recent entry, with 4X weekly on the ICN-DEL market). I hope that this leads to bedrock business ties between both nations, and prosperity for both cities, airlines, and nations. Hopefully, as well, this provides more options to those traveling to India with better connection, experiences and fares.
              You know airports that are beyond "your own" (favourite) airlines destinations? Well, I think thats the only way to stay on board this platform for more than ten years...

Yes. DEL is not only an Alliance hub, but it is - also seen through LH glasses - bigger than Chhatrapati Shivaji, which for my nickname is barely big enough.
              For DEL and SFO, the doubledecker Airbus is used, which confirms one of my former statements:
              A former LH-B744 destination is
              1) flown with Airbus
              1)b flown with the new sister ship, code 748.
              or
              2) permanently banned from the LH schedule.

The news: My avatar (SF bay) is at least flown with 1 B744, if not with LH-B744.... ...? The alliance reaches quite far... and we seldom meet each other.
              The B744 --- SFO combination is alive.
              Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-08-10, 21:48. Reason: Summer 2016 news

Comment

Another astonishing fact: since I am here I wasn't looking for
                EVA Air B744s
                as 'Alliance comrades'.

But you can be here for years, and still learn something new. Where B744s meet..., not only from 'the Alliance'?
                Arriving from Taipei, Taiwan on a beautiful summer evening.. B-16412. Boeing 747-45E. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Working...
                X