Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-300ER Engine Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    ..."every passenger was reasonably safe while the fire services dealt with the emergency until some idiot took it on his own decision to ignore the cabin crews instructions and opened an exit door on the other side of the aircraft. He escaped but the resulting ingress of smoke and flame killed 150 passengers while the fire crews fought the now increasing conflagration"...
    Is this a real incident, or are you on some strange fireman-hero-fantasy-authority-power-trip?

I'm thinking the reality is that there's a lot of examples of dead folks from delayed evacuations and lots of examples of minor injuries from unneeded evacuations.

Indeed, a trade off, but still, two guys 100 ft away from the fire with lousy window angles and checklists to complete might not see things as clearly as someone 15 ft away from the fire right out the window...Yeah, it's nice to shut down the engines, but...
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      Is this a real incident, or are you on some strange fireman-hero-fantasy-authority-power-trip?

I'm thinking the reality is that there's a lot of examples of dead folks from delayed evacuations and lots of examples of minor injuries from unneeded evacuations.

Indeed, a trade off, but still, two guys 100 ft away from the fire with lousy window angles and checklists to complete might not see things as clearly as someone 15 ft away from the fire right out the window...Yeah, it's nice to shut down the engines, but...
      Sigh: Read my post again. I was hypothesising.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Does anyone know the tail number of this particular 777-300ER please?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick G View Post
          Does anyone know the tail number of this particular 777-300ER please?

9V-SWB

it's now on avherald: http://avherald.com/h?article=49a58209&opt=0

Comment

that there is some scary shit. guarantee that the minute or so before the fire crew opened up on the plane, was the longest minute of every one of pax lives.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
              that there is some scary shit. guarantee that the minute or so before the fire crew opened up on the plane, was the longest minute of every one of pax lives.
              Well that's what we would think right? But listen to the background noise in the video, it seems like everyone was relatively (and surprisingly) calm. It sounds like everyone is still tired and perhaps most were still sleeping? Listening to the background reminds me of a Monday morning classroom

Comment

Working...
              X