Iran, Boeing conclude 100 aircraft deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran, Boeing conclude 100 aircraft deal

Many media outlets reporting today that the deal between Iran and Boeing has been done. No breakdown as yet, but your guess is as good as mine as to what aircraft will be involved.

747s - unlikely
    777s - Late "current generation" 77W, 77L, then 777-8/9
    787 - 778-9
    737 - 737MAX-7,8,9

Although Iran has concluded a deal with Airbus, the country is still subject to restrictions which make it very difficult to make payments through international financial systems (Swift etc). The Airbus deal would not have encouraged the Americans to facilitate this, but a Boeing deal should (and in any case, this deal is subject to US govt approval).

Historic deal would renovate Iran’s ageing civilian air fleet but Boeing says deal ultimately ‘contingent on US government approval’

Boeing only promoted the 737, 787 and 777 models when they visited Iran few months back, atleast seven airlines managemernt met with them.

Comment

Originally posted by akerosid View Post
      Many media outlets reporting today that the deal between Iran and Boeing has been done. No breakdown as yet, but your guess is as good as mine as to what aircraft will be involved.

747s - unlikely
      Well, LUNN started a very popular topic here on the jetphotos platform: Airlines, who still operate 747s. In Europe? 3 intercontinental passenger airlines, afaik.

747 operators in Asia?
      Air China - 747-8i (7 birds)
      Mahan Air - 747-300 (2 birds), but I have not seen W5-B743 here yet. Most of the time, they use W5-A343.
      [to be continued]

Unlikely is a good word concerning Iran and 747...

PS: ..at least what concerns Irani 747s. The LH 600 indeed goes with a
      B744.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Here's what IR had to say:
        https://twitter.com/IranAir_IRI/stat...85814724116480
        Boeing offered #B737, #B777 and #B787. Stay tuned for more details in the next few days.

Comment

Mahan Air - 747-300 (2 birds), but I have not seen W5-B743 here yet. Most of the time, they use W5-A343.
          Mahan stopped flying 747-300s last year.

Comment

Working...
          X