Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N694SW - Oldest active pax jetliner in the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N694SW - Oldest active pax jetliner in the USA?

Hi guys!

I'm uploading a shot to this site of Southwests' 737-3T5 N694SW and I don't want to be wrong in the remarks field.
    N694SW is the oldest active passenger jetliner in the USA right? So far in my research I haven't found any one that is older. It is way older than any of Delta's MD-88s or American's MD-83s. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by hongmng; 2016-05-22, 20:13.

I am sure enough that there are srs 200 still active in the US. And they are older..
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
      I am sure enough that there are srs 200 still active in the US. And they are older..
      Thanks for your quick reply ErwinS. But what did you mean by "srs 200"? Are you talking of 737-200s? If so, no, there aren't any passenger 732s still in sevice in the USA.

Comment

Ameristar flies the 732
        N467TW. Boeing 737-205(Adv). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

And Sierra Pacific Airlines also.

Erwin

Comment

N467TW. B737-200 Ameristar. 16th May 1986 first flight. Still active. https://m.planespotters.net/airframe...Braathens-SAFE

N694SW. B737-300 Southwesr Airlines. 4th Feb 1985 first flight. Still active. https://m.planespotters.net/airframe...hwest-Airlines

So yes, even though the Ameristar is a -200 it is a year younger than the Southwest -300.

I cannot find any older 737 on the current FAA database. There are others on the FAA database from the late 70's but none of them are in service or airworthy.
          Last edited by brianw999; 2016-05-23, 10:20.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

N703S of Sierra Pacific is from 81. Fun to see that the Amiristar 732 is younger than that SW bird :-p

Erwin

Comment

Ah, well found Erwin.

In that case the Southwest bird is not the oldest operating 737.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                Ah, well found Erwin.

In that case the Southwest bird is not the oldest operating 737.
                And I think there are still a couple DC-9s from the 70' out there.

EDIT: including this one from 1966, almost 50 years.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I have just realised that you are not just talking about 737's. There are indeed much older US jet airliners around still flying.

Comment

Originally posted by hongmng View Post
                    Hi guys!

I'm uploading a shot to this site of Southwests' 737-3T5 N694SW and I don't want to be wrong in the remarks field.
                    N694SW is the oldest active passenger jetliner in the USA right?
                    By "active" do you mean currently flying in Part 121 air carrier operations or do you mean flying in any capacity (up to and including experimental)?

Comment

The 737-300s are soon to depart the WN fleet, so catch them while you can...

Southwest is bringing in the new aircraft to trim the costs of flying older, less-efficient 737 models. The airline wants to have all 737-300s and -500s out of its fleet by mid-2018, three years earlier than it originally planned.
                      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                        By "active" do you mean currently flying in Part 121 air carrier operations or do you mean flying in any capacity (up to and including experimental)?
                        Let's say the oldest passenger jet serving passenger flights (121 or charter) for an airline.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                          Let's say the oldest passenger jet serving passenger flights (121 or charter) for an airline.
                          I wonder how old Pace Air (aka Hooters Air aka Whatevertheyrecalledthisweekair) 732s are. They sure look older than Metsuselah.

Comment

Working...
                          X