Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the TSA allow me to bring a backrest?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the TSA allow me to bring a backrest?...

Over the last 9 years, I've dealt with some lower back pain, some of it sciatic. I've read that the new slimline seats used on a lot of airlines have virtually no lower back support. I use this product: http://www.healthyback.com/products/...bar-support/18 Would the TSA give me any trouble over this, or would they just scan it and let me through? This is something that I'd really like to know before my next flight.

I don't see why you could not use this device. I would stick it in my back pack or carry-on. On a recent trip we took small pillows in our carry-on because we were going on a state ferry. (we vacuum compressed them to a rigid configuration).

Comment

I agree. I've never seen anything remotely similar to this listed in the no-go list of carry-on items.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by UALdave View Post
        [...]I've read that the new slimline seats used on a lot of airlines have virtually no lower back support.
        I have read that there exists something like new 'slim' seats. Does that mean, the seat width is reduced?

As you see, I've probably never sat in one of those new seats. An 'Economy' flight should not be painful.

So, I'd say, yes. What is it, a kind of pillow? That should be identified as harmless.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
          I have read that there exists something like new 'slim' seats. Does that mean, the seat width is reduced?
          The thickness of the seat back is reduced to the minimum, to be able to cramp more seats without reducing further the seat pitch which is already below minimum.

An 'Economy' flight should not be painful.
          Try a 12+ hours flight while being 6' 4" tall (1.93m) and then tell me.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            The thickness of the seat back is reduced to the minimum, to be able to cramp more seats without reducing further the seat pitch which is already below minimum.

Try a 12+ hours flight while being 6' 4" tall (1.93m) and then tell me.
            Well. I have seen a recent seat map, for the LH-B744, only a few hours ago. And I thought by myself, hm, something has changed. Over night, they simply shove one or two more rows through the 5L door (aft)? Probably, it is like that: men who like UA (or LH) don't want to speak about that all too loud.

But one thing is for sure. LH is not very keen, the longest nonstop flight on Earth is not our problem. Do we need more than 12 hours to reach you?

Let me just look that up. Ok. You are right. But I have an excuse: in 2016, it is not (no longer?) a LH-B744 that reaches you. Bad excuse, I know. Especially because the replacement does not seem that extremely different, at least seen from the apron.

Seat pitch is a good question. And Premium Economy is also quite a new invention.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Does LH have flights to Sweet Monkey River, Republic of Texas?

Comment

Working...
              X