EgyptAir Domestic Flight From Alexandria to Cairo Hijacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EgyptAir Domestic Flight From Alexandria to Cairo Hijacked

An EgyptAir domestic flight traveling from Alexandria to Cairo has been hijacked, according to the airline's spokeswoman.
    The hijackers asked for the flight to land in Cyprus, said the spokeswoman, who asked not to be identified in line with company policy.

Egyptair airliner is hijacked after leaving Alexandria and lands at Larnaca airport in Cyprus, reports say

A hijacker who forced a domestic Egyptian flight to divert to Cyprus surrenders to the authorities after hostages are seen fleeing the plane.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
      Reports indicate that some passengers are being freed from the plane.

A journalist at the airport has told BBC Radio 5 live that passengers have come down the stairs of the plane carrying their luggage. They boarded a bus back to the main terminal buildings.
      Always with their bags...

Comment

Originally posted by sjwk View Post
        Always with their bags...
        Why not ? It wasn't an emergency evacuation.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          Why not ? It wasn't an emergency evacuation.
          That's true I guess... Just thinking that you'd want to get off as quickly as possible in case the hijackers changed their mind!

Comment

Umm.....

https://twitter.com/MohamedHemish/st...73089167859713
            AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
            the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

Oz news is reporting that the hijacker is not a terrorist, just some dude who wants to chat with his wife. I think what they mean is that he is not affiliated with any of the 'terrorist' organisations. I know that if I was on the flight I'd be terrified, therefore he is a terrorist.

Also the 'bomb' he was wearing was made from paper, OMG - no more paper allowed on flights!!!

Now I realise that a 'bomb' made from paper means that he wasn't ever going to blow the plane up and he could rationalise that he would never hurt anyone, but just the act itself could mean the demise of all on board from many other happenings-pilot error, govt over reaction sending in fighter planes etc.

VAZ

Comment

Working...
              X