Emirates may use 777 to Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirates may use 777 to Afghanistan

Rumor has it they will start to use a 773ER on Dubai-Kabul route from winter, replacing current A343/345, interesting development, could have used a 772ER/LR instead.

It will also mark first 777 service to the country.

Airlineroute shows its confirmed.

Comment

This, sadly for some, spells the end of the A340-500 at EK.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
        This, sadly for some, spells the end of the A340-500 at EK.
        Hm. For some, the A340 is a conviction. Or simply a duty. Sad is also when a widely notorious nickname ("Could you please stay on topic!") theoretically has to be replaced. Because the real thing no longer exists. Is the B777-9 so much better? I should really enjoy the next four years...

But yes, here at my home airport they already use the EK-B773ER.
        [...the same a/c type as in Kabul? And the same crew? Wow, these people get around...]

I don't know. 747 is a conviction.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-04-28, 07:40. Reason: the same a/c type...
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
          Hm. For some, the A340 is a conviction. Or simply a duty. Sad is also when a widely notorious nickname ("Could you please stay on topic!") theoretically has to be replaced. Because the real thing no longer exists. Is the B777-9 so much better? I should really enjoy the next four years...

But yes, here at my home airport they already use the EK-B773ER.
          [...the same a/c type as in Kabul? And the same crew? Wow, these people get around...]

I don't know. 747 is a conviction.
          I understand the term 'conviction'. Where once I was emotional about it, now I see it as a progression of time.

The A340-600/500s despite being 'inferior' to the 777, were amazing aircraft. They served their purposes proudly (allowing airlines like EK to make their initial mark on the World).
          With great fanfare, many of these A340s are going to find homes in Iran (as they need the capacity but cannot afford to wait with current production lines for new-built aircraft - of which they have also ordered healthily).

The 747, the Majesty of the Skies - has served Her purpose well. Look out for the new AF-1!

That said, the future is exciting (despite being bourne upon boring twin-jet fuselages). We have to move forward, and the 777-8/9, 787, A350 and A330NEO are the way forward. Considering how instrumental they have been in bringing access to billions of new customers around the globe - I'm all for it.

Can't wait to see the A350s in LH colors! At least at LH, we'll have A380s, 747-8s, 777Xs, A350s and A330s! Schön, nicht wahr ?
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Somewhere else here on this platform, there we have the occasion to discuss about aviation philosophy:
            "A" or "B". Have I ever seen a Spantax DC 8 or DC 10, which was called "Airbus"? I don't think so. It is a decision. Or simply a matter of time.

When I started to become an aviation enthusiast, the sky looked different. LH-B735, LH-B733, DC-9, LT-Tristar, and NW-B742. Back then, nobody talked about an A380.
            But despite of my conviction, I hadn't developed an avatar like "deadstick" (do you remember him?).

I think, at least in Europe, LH has one of the best mixtures, maybe only parallel to BA. The only bird outside of the LH fleet that I am curious about would be the 78 78, which you have. [Not only because of my yob.] Here, All Nippon shows us this beautiful bird. Again, a good mixture of pax capacity, not exaggerated wingspan and longhaul (!).

PS: In the past, somebody really gave me a not so very pleasant message, that contained
            a) speak English! you don't dare a different language...
            b) avoid abbreviations.
            But, since 03-24-15 we all know, I know one or two French words. It is nice to speak French (if you dare to try) when you are in France. And seahawk might second my emotion, es ist ab und zu schön ein paar Deutsche Wörter zu lesen.
            [Brian might throw me out now... But you have my respect. German is a difficult language.]
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-05-05, 00:43. Reason: should we differ from the aviation language No 1?
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
            X