Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying with United vs. flying with American or Delta...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying with United vs. flying with American or Delta...

So it's been 10 years, this month, since I've flown anywhere. Back in March of 2006, I flew with United from KDEN to KSJC and back. But that was before the merger with Continental, and I had excellent service as I'd always had with United. I've never flown American or Delta before, but a few years ago, I was talking an aunt who spoke highly of Delta. I've also read numerous complaints online since United's merger with Continental about United's service. Obviously all three airlines are safe to fly on, but should I avoid United and try American or Delta? I'm just curious as to what United's service is like now, compared to American and Delta.

can't speak personally about delta or untied since i haven't flown on either for so long i can't remember, but i fly well over 100k miles per year on american and read a lot about the other 2. bottom line is that for the occasional flyer with no elite status, they are all going to suck the same. on aa i am executive platinum which comes with lots of perks, and even then i get treated like dirt on occasion. aa's service is just as unreliable no matter your status and flights i'm booked on are just as likely to be delayed. all u.s. based airlines suck balls compared to many foreign airlines, where you are not treated like an imbecile and nickel and dimed for every damn thing and then some.

go over to flyertalk.com and check out the various sub-fora to get current fanboy reports on the big/old three

Comment

I find that their liveliest vary a good bit with respect to colours and shapes. American tends towards naked metal
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I often wonder how much United had to pay to use Gershwin's music? Unless it was public domain, of course. I know that's off-topic, but I do wonder.

Comment

I live in Denver and prefer Southwest Airlines (or Alaska if flying to Seattle).

Comment

Let's just say that I'm extremely knowledgable about the whole CAL/UAL thing and leave it at that (see my disclaimer in my signature below). Continental was known for good customer service; United, not so much. The hope when the airlines combined was that the CAL philosophy would transfer to the new United. Unfortunately, the management was more focused on cutting costs by doing things like eliminating the CAL free food and instituting a "buy on board" food model where you could buy snack boxes. Late last year, CEO Jeff Smisek was ousted and a board member by the name of Oscar Munoz was brought in. Oscar is a protege of Gordon Bethune, who is best known for turning CAL around in the early '90's and instituting the customer service that made Continental so successful. Long story short, in the short time Oscar has been involved in United, I've seen many positive changes that are reminiscent of what Gordon did at CAL. I'm extremely optimistic about the future and the customer service at United. Now...I would like to emphasize that NEVER before or during the merger, and certainly going forward, have corners been cut and costs saved with regard to safety. Indeed, I know they are putting money into safety enhancing options in the system, upgrading equipment on the airplanes for example. The new United has my full confidence and I encourage you strongly to try them out.
            The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Working...
            X