Jet Airways to quir Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Airways to quir Vietnam

9W will end service to Ho Chi Minh City from 27 March, route was launched maybe a year ago from Delhi and was routed wia Bangkok with A330, thrice weekly or so.

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
    9W will end service to Ho Chi Minh City from 27 March, route was launched maybe a year ago from Delhi and was routed wia Bangkok with A330, thrice weekly or so.
    Forever shrinking since the EY infusion, or simply cleaning house and cutting what does not work - I guess.

Why though, run the route with an A330? A 737 would surely be a better fit given range, and likely profitability issues.

On this route (or routes departing from BKK) does 9W have 5th freedom rights? Or are they actually capable of picking up local BKK traffic for the route? Either way, I hope that it works out for them long term, and with VN a member of SkyTeam, they can apply the same tack (as they have done with AF/KLM/DL recently in the surrender of their trans-Atlantic flying...) and perhaps form a greater bond with VN (codeshare passengers on the BKK-SGN route onto 9W's BKK schedule and perhaps even gain greater marketshare from VN's resoures...).
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Airlneroute says it was daily service and yes with 737-800 I think initially it was using A330-200.

Comment

Didnt know they are also quitting the US.

Comment

Working...
        X