ROMBAC 1-11 preservation project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROMBAC 1-11 preservation project.

Hello! My name is Rares Mandu and I am the Features Editor of Aeronews.ro, Romania’s leading aviation website.
    I would like to share with you some interesting news from Romania. As you might already know, Romania has produced under licence a version of the passenger aircraft BAC 1-11, named ROMBAC 1-11. So, in 1982 the first Romanian produced passenger aircraft ROMBAC 1-11, registered YR-BRA (ordered by the state for the Romanian national carrier TAROM), made its maiden flight. Now, after a long career on 3 continents, the same aircraft, tail number YR-BRA (last registered as AP-BFC) is used as a practice frame for firefighting exercises at the “Henri Coanda” Airport in Bucharest (OTP/LROP). In February 2015, our aviation website launched a petition with the name: "Un avion care a scris istorie: YR-BRA. Haideti sa-i gasim un "camin" mai bun!" (A plane that made history: YR-BRA. Let's find a better "house" for it). One month later after the launching the petition, over 1500 people have signed it. After a press campaign, aired on National Television (TVR), the CEO of TAROM and the Director of the “Henri Coanda” Airport decided to support our actions by helping us to re-paint the aircraft in the original “TAROM” livery of the 1980s and to place it on a museum-type display in the round-about in front of the “Henri Coanda” Airport. At this moment the aircraft is in pretty bad condition (cockpit and interior only partly furnished) and is painted in the Aero Asia livery. During the spring of 2016, the aircraft will re-painted and replaced on display in front of the Airport, with the purpose of converting it into a small museum.

We need your help! You can help us by signing our petition.
    PETITION LINK: http://www.petitieonline.com/rombac1-11
    The website is in Romanian language, but I will translate just what you have to complete for signing our petition.
    Prenume - First name
    Nume - Name
    Oraș - City
    Țară - Country
    Adresă email - email adress
    Dorești sa afișezi semnătura ta publicului larg? - Do you want to make public your signature?

CONTACT ME: [email protected]
Working...
X