Fake Bomb Diverts Air France 777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Bomb Diverts Air France 777

Here's the next vexing terrorist tactic: fake bombs. They don't hurt anyone but they terrorize people and they cause plenty of headaches.

You can't screen for them in security. So what can you do?

Put security cameras in the toilets?

What?

Sooner or later I think they are going to ban carry-on luggage.

An Air France flight from Mauritius to Paris is forced to make an emergency landing in Kenya after a fake bomb is found in a toilet.

Hmmmmm... what makes you think that this was a terrorist tactic?

By the way - if you ask me, banning carry-on baggage beyond cameras, laptops and smartphones won't be such a bad thing Okay... and a book or two, a bottle of water, a jacket and/or blanket. It should really be "CARRY" on... what you can carry. Not what you wheel on board in bags that clog aisles and jam overhead bins.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      I wish we could get one thing clear in all this rhetoric: any act that is motivated by an intention to provoke fear within a group of people is an act of terrorism. Obviously that was the motive here. Obviously this was a terroristic act.

I know... the media and even the governments have taken to referring only to jihadi acts as terrorism, but that's just plain stupid. The motive is what determines terrorism, not the affiliation.

There is a lot of terrorism out there that has nothing to do with jihad. Sometimes it is meant to restrict behaviors or to raise attention to a cause. Sometimes it is just anti-social behavior.

One thing we can be certain of is that this was an act of terrorism. I just hope it doesn't catch on.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post

By the way - if you ask me, banning carry-on baggage beyond cameras, laptops and smartphones won't be such a bad thing Okay... and a book or two, a bottle of water, a jacket and/or blanket. It should really be "CARRY" on... what you can carry. Not what you wheel on board in bags that clog aisles and jam overhead bins.
        Overhead luggage worked great for years on trains, busses and airplanes too...

...then the airlines started losing bags, delivering them slowly and charging $ to put them under the plane...That does generate a certain demand for overhead bin space.

Ironically, just last week I voluntarily checked my carry on at the gate- only to see about five nice big empty slots in the overhead bins at door closure...aw well, 20 more pleasant minutes at the bag carousel.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I've had, at this quite late monday evening, only a short glimpse at this thread. But let me utter a few words without having read the whole article.

Fake bomb: dislike +1

Peter, we also see it in our country in these days. The police is understaffed.

Thus...

This forum knows who I prefer for German chancellor. Unfortunately, he is not available any longer. He died in Hamburg, November 10th 2015.
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
            This forum knows who I prefer for German chancellor. Unfortunately, he is not available any longer. He died in Hamburg, November 10th 2015.
            At least you don't prefer the one who died in Berlin in the Spring of 1945.

Comment

Working...
            X