Leonardo DiCaprio vs. Delta Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonardo DiCaprio vs. Delta Airlines

Leo related this "near-death" experience to Vanity Fair.

“I was in business class, and an engine blew up in front of my eyes,” the actor says of a past flight to Russia. “It was right after ‘Sully’ Sullenberger landed in the Hudson. I was sitting there looking out at the wing, and the entire wing exploded in a fireball. I was the only one looking out at the moment this giant turbine exploded like a comet. It was crazy. They shut all the engines off for a couple of minutes, so you’re just sitting there gliding with absolutely no sound, and nobody in the plane was saying anything. It was a surreal experience. They started the engines back up, and we did an emergency landing at JFK.”
    Anyone have any idea what he's talking about?

Sounds like a good movie script from the imaginary world of an actor...

Perhaps there's a private pilot with MSFS experience to come to the cockpit to land the plane?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

November 21st, 2010. Delta Flight 30 out of New York. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.452735

I think he might have exaggerated a touch about a total engine shutdown and restart though.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        November 21st, 2010. Delta Flight 30 out of New York. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.452735

I think he might have exaggerated a touch about a total engine shutdown and restart though.
        So, a routine compressor stall, fuel dump and a return. The sudden level-off must have seemed like both engines went silent. I have no doubt this is terrifying for the pax, especially at night, but Leo doth exaggerate a bit.

As do the emergency services that dispatched the equivalent of a two-alarm fire to meet them. Probably cuz Leo was on board.

Still, wondering how someone up in biz class can see a tailpipe fireball.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
          Still, wondering how someone up in biz class can see a tailpipe fireball.
          My previous reply, first sentence.

Bashing Hollywood, not you.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

You wonder how much of the rest of his interviews are such embellished versions of events. Haha

Comment

Working...
            X