X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obstructing objects

Goodmorning,

Recently I had this photo rejected for obstructing objects

With hunderts of pictures already in the database,from different photographers, all taken at this location, I believe that those very tiny parts of the bridge are really not obstructing, as you can still see all parts of the aircraft clearly.
    Taking another shot from this serie doesn't make a diffrence, as there is always another little pilon in sight
    Talking stairs of huge lampposts I can understand a rejection like this, but now it is confusing a bit.
    OK, It 's very easy to clone out some parts, but I believe that's not the way to deal with it (and can also lead to a rejection).

According to the comment after my appeal, there have been 3 screeners, to decide (including the senior who dealed with my appeal). That means that it is a borderline situation, where one screener would accept and another would reject.

Like to have some screeners input here, just to make sure for everyone how to deal with it.

Regards

Freek

My personal view on this type of shot, especially at this location is that the obstruction is minimal and is outweighed by the interest of the image. The photographer has absolutely no control over the very minimal obstructions and cannot avoid them. Provided that the processing, exposure and contrast are good I will always accept this type of shot.
    It should be noted that this is my personal opinion. Technically speaking and according to the rules the shot is obstructed. I just feel that the database is improved by its presence and to use a "Pirates of the Caribbean" quote...."Them's not so much rules....Them's more of a guideline"
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thank you for this comment Brian.

As my appeal was denied, I have to reupload this picture again and hope for other screeners to screen this photo with the same approach.

Comment

Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
        Thank you for this comment Brian.

As my appeal was denied, I have to reupload this picture again and hope for other screeners to screen this photo with the same approach.
        I hope, this was a joke.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
        X