Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QinetiQ - Miltary or civilian?

Hi,
    I'm going to upload a photo of a QinetiQ Alpha Jet in static display at RIAT 2013.
    Should I mark it as "Military" or "Civilian"? I performed a search in the DB, and there are QinetiQ planes photos marked both as military and as civilian.
    Thank you very much!

Simple answer really is that if it has a civil registration then it's Civil and if it has a military registration then it's Military. Qinetic is a civilian defence contractor and any aircraft that it owns will be civil. There may be the occasional military aircraft seconded for evaluation and systems testing but these will remain military.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Its registration is ZJ646, which is a Royal Air Force registration.

Should I upload it as "Military" then?

Comment

Yes mil pls
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Done.

Thank you very much to both of you

Comment

Another civilian or military doubt

I'll post another similar question in this thread in order to avoid opening a new one...

I'm going to upload a photo of the demonstrator of the MC-27J Praetorian, the flying gunship conversion of the C-27J Spartan.

The airplane is owned by the manufacturer Alenia Aermacchi (of which it wears the livery, which has changed throughout the few years it has been flying). However, its registration is not the standard Italian civilian registration I-****, but CSX62127, which is an Italian Air Force registration (CSX is the military prefix reserved to prototypes, instead of the usual MM prefix for operative aircraft).

Should it be uploaded as civilian or military? And should the operator be Alenia Aermacchi or Italy - Air Force?

Thank you very much!

Comment

Mil please. And Alenia as operator.
              Brgds
              “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Working...
              X