front page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front page

Hello, I have a question about the front page and then actually about the photo of the week/ editors choice....why is only the left picture changed once a week and the two small one's are still on front page for months...this time Roland74 and Nicolas Young.

Is there some reason for it?

Regards

Originally posted by barcajax View Post
    Hello, I have a question about the front page and then actually about the photo of the week/ editors choice....why is only the left picture changed once a week and the two small one's are still on front page for months...this time Roland74 and Nicolas Young.

Is there some reason for it?

Regards
    Hum. Is this our weekend? Then let us try a little bit of the Irish attitude (beer).

Why is
    "the photo of the week"

only

changed once a week?

Was this your question. And you're sure you are still sober?!

The PHOTO OF THE WEEK is per definitionem only CHANGED ONCE A WEEK!

AJ or Brian, you may correct me if I'm wrong.

Barca... Cheers!

+ the advantage: Patrons know who have control over the jp main page (editors). Why are you here so seldom?
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2015-10-11, 01:29. Reason: + the advantage of patrons
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      Hum. Is this our weekend? Then let us try a little bit of the Irish attitude (beer).

Why is
      "the photo of the week"

only

changed once a week?

Was this your question. And you're sure you are still sober?!

The PHOTO OF THE WEEK is per definitionem only CHANGED ONCE A WEEK!

AJ or Brian, you may correct me if I'm wrong.

Barca... Cheers!
      I assumed he asked why the only big one, which is the pic taken inside a cockpit of a GA above the cloud changed, while the other 2 small one, a Swiss A330 landing at Zurich, added in Jan 2015 and the Emirates A380, added into database since Oct 2014 never change.

Comment

I am online at JP since almost 10 years, since 2006 only reading, and since 2008 RAM.

Since then, I am always fascinated by contributions which are near me.

The

is such a bird.

Today, we find it on the jp main page. Photo of the week.

If we remember the Dienstgipfelhöhe of that cute little bird,
        maximum alt 13,131 - with cabin alt 13,131 !
        (all jet pilots know what I mean)
        then I fully second the photo of the week:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Well done.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2015-10-11, 02:40. Reason: somewhen, I'll learn that word, cabin

Comment

Originally posted by CptHuy View Post
          I assumed he asked why the only big one, which is the pic taken inside a cockpit of a GA above the cloud changed, while the other 2 small one, a Swiss A330 landing at Zurich, added in Jan 2015 and the Emirates A380, added into database since Oct 2014 never change.

Wow. Is this the weekend of the newbies? As I mentioned before, you don't have to write 600 posts since 2010.

But if you did, you'd know who changes the pics on the main page.

Btw, welcome to JP.

+ What I mean is, there is a group of editors. And they choose the content for the main page. If you want to find something negative about it, yes, it is more or less subjective.
          But there is a famous question: Why are they doing it? - Because they can.

You don't ask your CEO why he has chosen that specific painting for his office, or do you?
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2015-10-11, 02:26. Reason: + a bit of explanation

Comment

Originally posted by CptHuy View Post
            Thank you

Comment

And again only the left picture is changed. And what's happened with people's choice? Also for weeks the same pics.

Comment

The crew members in this forums, i.e screeners, senior screeners and admins, simply don't know. We forward bugs to the IT guys at FR24 and we eventually get told what has been fixed. That's about it.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                X