Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional aviation is...

... good for a payed position for life?

Let me give an example. Eurowings was owner of 18 EW-CR9 jets, the adequate pilots included.
    These 18 jets are no longer needed, because LH (as the owner of EW) decided to invent EW flights that are exclusively operated with A320.

So, what happens with the CR9 pilots?

I know one or two men within LH, who indeed have found their position for life.

But I rather want to talk about active pilots. How many changes in type rating do you need for a whole life?

And in how far are you able to find a position which is near your birth place/your family?
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

1 year Boss of all Lufthanseaten...

Apparently, one of us 'Revierjungs' is not a jp member. Probably he has his men, who observe the internet:

And, probably he has no longer time to talk to pilots, which in fact is also his professional provenience.

When I became a jp member, in december 2008, I was not sure, if aviation is able to provide a position for life.

Since I know where he is born, my opinion has changed. Wanne-Eickel - Frankfurt Main is more than just around the corner (Cock Robin, 1987).

But sometimes it is worth the way...

PS: I have always been a man who compares a lot. The CEO of British Airways, Keith Williams, celebrated his 59th birthday.
    The CEO of Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij (KLM), Pieter Elbers, celebrated his 44th birthday.

So, imho our CEO has a very good age (48_). And obviously, he has a very strong supporter (*1947).
    + me.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2015-09-23, 00:23. Reason: comparison...

Comment

Yes.

Comment

...and ?
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I would imagine that the CRJ pilots will get re-trained onto other aircraft within the LH family. Whether they are other Eurowings aircraft or other divisions but I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
            I would imagine that the CRJ pilots will get re-trained onto other aircraft within the LH family. Whether they are other Eurowings aircraft or other divisions but I dunno.
            Yes. And this is what really takes place. I have a German TV report in mind, where the topic was "Welcome to the LH longhaul".
            It showed a LH pilot, approx in my age (?), who was sucessful in learning a second jet in his life.

Don't ask me for details, but afair (as far as I remember) it was LH-A320, and he dared the step to

LH-B744.

Let's hope, that something like that is also offered to the ex CR9 pilots.

Btw, welcome back, 747 SAM. Were you hiding for some months, or is it me, that wasn't here for quite a time?

Last edited by LH-B744; 2015-10-10, 20:13. Reason: + afair

Comment

Professional aviation is...

...a career until you are 45.

Then you should become mayor of your favourite city for 4 or 5 years.

And what do you do if you are 49? You should fly your favourite aircraft until they throw you out of the cockpit.

And then? We ask the second man with knowledge (Wanne Eickel 1966). He should do what he does until...
              they throw him out.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                It showed a LH pilot, approx in my age (?), who was sucessful in learning a second jet in his life.
                Hell, that makes me with my four type ratings a veritable genius. Well, one of those type ratings is dual, so only three types really, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                  Hell, that makes me with my four type ratings a veritable genius. Well, one of those type ratings is dual, so only three types really, but still...
                  DVGYPOTM.

The little dot is a period.
                  Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                    DVGYPOTM.

The little dot is a period.
                    Huhwha?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                      Huhwha?
                      Domestic, Veritable-Genius, Young*, Pilot of the Millennium.

*Young, means not worthy of respect, unfortunately.

(The period comment was intended to emphasize the point as unarguable.)

Comprende?
                      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                        Domestic, Veritable, Genius, Young*, Pilot of the Millennium.

*Young, means not worthy of respect, unfortunately.

(The period comment was intended to emphasize the point as unarguable.)

Comprende?
                        Yaw naw comprende

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
                        X