question re: wing views photo location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question re: wing views photo location

Hi friends, I've been uploading a fair amount of wingviews over the past year or so, and I was under the impression that unless part of the airport in question is actually immediately visible in the shot, wingviews should be listed as "Inflight" with whatever territory / state you are over. I've noticed a few shots in the database for which that is not the case though and wondering what the rules are exactly and which is preferred?

Like this one:
    N815DN. Boeing 737-932ER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It seems to make sense for me to list that as LAX even though the airport is not visible because it relates directly to LAX.
    For example could I have listed this photo as JFK? It seems like people searching for photos from JFK would like to see that since it is just after takeoff from there:

Passing Rockaway Beach after a right turn southbound climbing out of runway 13R at JFK just after sunset. United 445 to LAX.. N589UA. Boeing 757-222. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I believe this shot of mine, in which you can see LAX in the distance was rejected the first time around because I listed it as at LAX:
    United 488 to Chicago passing through about 9,000ft in a left turn back towards the LAX VOR on the LOOP6 departure out of LA on a relatively clear spring day.. N539UA. Boeing 757-222. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks for the clarification in advance

This is the wording as written in the upload guidelines....

1.1.6 Uploading Wing Views

Shots taken airborne need to be 'Inflight' unless an airport is visible in the shot.

This is done via the location menu by selecting the "Country" you are flying over, then selecting "Inflight" from the "Location/Airport..." field.
    Your rejected image with LAX in the background was possibly a little harsh but I have to say it could go either way and that I had to expand the image to find and see the airport and based on that, I would also have rejected and required it to be "Inflight".
    If you are not sure you can always leave a note to screeners with your upload. Failing that ask in the forums before you upload.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks Brian

Comment

Working...
      X