A350 first revenue flight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A350 first revenue flight.

Did you guys know about the inaugural commercial service of Airbus A350-900 with Qatar Airways from Doha to Frankfurt on 15 Jan 2015?

I have not seen it mentioned neither here nor in the media. Yes, after searching I've found news reports, but this is the sort of things that you expect to reach without looking for it.

Onboard the inaugural commercial service of Airbus A350-900 with Qatar Airways from Doha to Frankfurt on 15 Jan 2015

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

I agree with you completely. QR did a better job publicizing the 787, than the A350. Perhaps the novelty of new fleet types has worn off for QR, as they are introducing the A380, A350 and 787 in such a short span of time.

Perhaps as other operators to whom the A350 will be mote crucial to their fleet outlook, or expansion, will do a better job. (I am not saying that the A350 is inconsequential to QR, but with so many glittering new things, and such a large fleet already, the A350 might have to play Kelly to the 787's Beyonce for a little bit).

Interestingly, if QR received their aircraft on time, the 787s would have had the glitz and glamour a few years ago, with a more orderly debut of their A380s and A350s, allowing the media campaigns to be better organized and presented.

That said, I can't wait to see more airlines adding A350 and maybe a grander entrance if the A350 is going to an airline that did not order the 787, thus making it easier to compare. It would be odd for QR to say "better than the competition,",or, "best plane on the market", with 787s sitting right next to it at the gate...
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
      I agree with you completely. QR did a better job publicizing the 787, than the A350. Perhaps the novelty of new fleet types has worn off for QR, as they are introducing the A380, A350 and 787 in such a short span of time.

Perhaps as other operators to whom the A350 will be mote crucial to their fleet outlook, or expansion, will do a better job. (I am not saying that the A350 is inconsequential to QR, but with so many glittering new things, and such a large fleet already, the A350 might have to play Kelly to the 787's Beyonce for a little bit).

Interestingly, if QR received their aircraft on time, the 787s would have had the glitz and glamour a few years ago, with a more orderly debut of their A380s and A350s, allowing the media campaigns to be better organized and presented.

That said, I can't wait to see more airlines adding A350 and maybe a grander entrance if the A350 is going to an airline that did not order the 787, thus making it easier to compare. It would be odd for QR to say "better than the competition,",or, "best plane on the market", with 787s sitting right next to it at the gate...
      But what about Airbus? They are not interested in letting people know they plane was delivered to first customer, that is started revenew flights, that they did it much smoother than the 787's 3-year delay?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        But what about Airbus? They are not interested in letting people know they plane was delivered to first customer, that is started revenew flights, that they did it much smoother than the 787's 3-year delay?
        Maybe still miffed with QR over the 'not good enough to take delivery' fiasco, that lead to the initial delay in the A350s handover to QR?
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
        X