Helo flying with a capital H !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helo flying with a capital H !

I'm fairly sure that if you were to do this in the UK you would be getting a letter from the CAA in the post....damn good flying though. OK, it's a FADEC auto startup but just about 1 minute from ignition start to lift off is pretty impressive.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2015-01-26, 18:42. Reason: Added text.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Of course I am not a helicopter pilot, but what's wrong with this take-off? I don't see anything out of the ordinary. That said, landing the landing must have been a tight fit, but rescue pilots are probably used to that?

Most surprising to me is that the road behind the helicopter still had traffic going through. I would have expected the police to close the road at least during the take-off.
    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Nothing wrong with it at all in the respect of flying skills Good flying skills to get in there in the first place and that is what I meant by the term "flying a helicopter with a capital H". In the UK the "slapped wrist" letter might come from the CAA because there was no road closure for the takeoff. I don't know what regulations apply in Germany.
      Last edited by brianw999; 2015-01-27, 15:52.

Comment

The big question is why? Why land in a residential area like that at all unless there was some sort of emergency? It doesn't appear to be a medical flight or even if it was that, or some mechanical issue you would expect traffic control and that was a busy little street.

I doubt if a simple .. well I was over my house and really had to use the toilet ... would get you off the hook.
        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

One of my neighbors uses his helicopter to commute (home to local airport) - some neighbors dislike the noise.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
            The big question is why? Why land in a residential area like that at all unless there was some sort of emergency? It doesn't appear to be a medical flight or even if it was that, or some mechanical issue you would expect traffic control and that was a busy little street.

I doubt if a simple .. well I was over my house and really had to use the toilet ... would get you off the hook.
            It was a medevac flight. Medical crew and patient were already on board. Lack of traffic control was my comment as well.

Comment

I saw your comment Brian and noted the cars all making a right turn just before the aircraft but I didn't see anyone directing traffic.

We used to have our Air Guard set down a Huey on our 4'th of July celebration in the "postage stamp" playground of our American Legion (vets group), each year but it was not as tight as that fellow. Looking at the trees it was dead calm thank God!
              Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Here's how they do it in my part of the world. Landed among the wires in the turning circle of a cul-de-sac road to transport a serious head injury.

Comment

Working...
                X