X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO: Landing In And Around Thunderstorms Committee

-Looking North.
    -Storm approaching from the west.
    -Location is about 6 miles out and 1/2 mile to the Left of the final approach course.
    -NWS Radar (with some time delay) shows red return within 1 mile of the -departure end of the runway.

I observe a high-wing Cessna and a Lear Jet pass by on what appear to be ILS approaches to the West- although their immediate conditions were predominately visual.

And yes, this was the proverbial roll cloud and gust front- I was standing in a good, stiff, gusty breeze (where that thing called wind-shear occurs), the WCA on both the Cessna and Lear were very remarkable.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

A cool video regarding this topic...

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Does this violate the Boeing Bobby standards for thunderstorm avoidance?

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

https://gma.yahoo.com/lightning-appe...ws-travel.html
        Yes. Getting hit by a lightning strike violates 14 CFR part 121.786 b.1.iv.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

https://gma.yahoo.com/lightning-appe...ws-travel.html
          Originally posted by Yahoo
          Geo Restriction

Sorry! The content provider has not given us the rights to play this video in your location.

"I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Working...
          X