Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    Gaberaham Lincoln
    One other tactic: I usually go for a window seat as tall people tend to prefer the aisle. The window is for us James Madison types. There always seems to be a Taft in middle row.

Comment

sorry, where exactly is it described that a person has defined space on an aircraft? seats have ALWAYS reclined (shit spirit aside) and until the airlines got greedier, they were never an issue. did tall people like it? probably not, but no one had fights over it. i'm fat and dont fit well into the average cattle class seat but does that give me the right to demand my neighbor to slide over?

as for the plane full of bloodied pax, aint gonna happen if several people step in and tell the offending idiots to sit down and stfu!

and as far as these stupid spats warranting a diversion, i was on a flight recently from mia to lga and an elderly guy in the row in back of me was having medical issues, the worst of which were a blood pressure below 70 while he was flat on his back. his normal bp was 120/70. guess what? no diversion.

brian will tell you that a bp below 70 aint good at all.

so divert because of a few childish idiots but let the old man die. yeah. good policy!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        One other tactic: I usually go for a window seat as tall people tend to prefer the aisle. The window is for us James Madison types. There always seems to be a Taft in middle row.
        I'm tall and fat....and I go for the window seat because I like to look out of the window. I can also lean in to the window which has three bonuses.
        1/ the wall is cool and I like to be cool,
        2/ It gives me a bit more "expansion" room and
        3/ It gives the person next to me a bit more space. My wife is short and she goes for the aisle seat....because she likes an aisle seat. Neither of us likes to be cramped into a middle seat. On 2-3or4-2 twin aisle configurations thats fine for us as we get to sit together. On 3-3 single aisle configurations we don't being one seat apart and you would be amazed how many times the middle seat doesn't get allocated to someone else so we can raise the armrests and have more "expansion" room. It also gives us the advantage of having a spare tray.

....and educate me please ? .....what's a Taft ?
        Last edited by brianw999; 2014-09-03, 21:04.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          ....and educate me please ? .....what's a Taft ?
          William Howard Taft, 27th president of the USA, and generally acknowledged to be at the top of the list when the presidents are ranked by size.
          Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
            ...so divert because of a few childish idiots but let the old man die. yeah. good policy!
            There has been a lot of recent discussion on this...including articles in an obscure magazine called Flying in which an obscure airline captain named Les Abend describes being forced to carry a passenger whom he suspected to be too ill to fly- but being over ruled by ops/"customer service" or something like that...and guess what happened before they hit cruise...

I'm thinking there is no policy- but it's up to the good ole Pilot in Command- whom is the God of all, even though he's much better trained at V-1 engine cuts than medical conditions...He makes the best guess he can based on the information at hand, and because heck, maybe a fight COULD be a diversion for some folks to pull something more sinister- you sure don't know that when you are sitting at FL 0.0 and Mach 0.0 on JP.net.

...and despite your ranting- remember, aviation operates in a ream of being overly cautious, and in spite of this, excrement still transpires, so your suggestion that pilots should not divert when a cat fight breaks out in the back...

Yeah, I know there's validity to your point and ATL knows there's validity, but sorry, "abundance of caution".... I do NOT fault the pilots for these diversions.

Just like the police shooting near where I live- I say video cameras for all to capture the true context FROM START TO FINISH and perhaps the airline PR dept. mans up and charges folks $$ or with FAR violations....(along with YES, there's a basic expectation of space that the airline will provide you- and it's clearly spelled out somewhere (not in all the legal fine print that isn't even printed on your Iphone when you enable your e-pass barcorde.)
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Then Gabriel seems to have HIS rules
              I beg you pardon? Physics, geometry and biology are not my rules. I don't fit and I can't help that.

I do try to reserve an emergency exit or bulkhead row.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

3WE you know i love you man, but....

this "let's divert because there is the smell of something fishy" or two little bitchasses are THROWING WATER, is all new. 15 years ago no captain would divert a flight because of a stupid thing like that.

as for not diverting for medical emergencies, yeah, pilots are gods but they are given godlines to follow. it's clear the life of one passenger is meaningless compared to the jet fuel expended on a diversion to perhaps save that passenger's life...

Comment

..."let's divert because...two little bitchasses are THROWING WATER...

...it's clear the life of one passenger is meaningless compared to the jet fuel expended on a diversion to perhaps save that passenger's life...
                  Next beer is on me- Indeed there are some big, illogical discrepancies.
                  Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

as for the plane full of bloodied pax, aint gonna happen if several people step in and tell the offending idiots to sit down and stfu!
                    Maybe and maybe not. Melees have a way of spiraling out of control, just stop by any dive bar on a Saturday night.

Originally posted by TeeVee
                    and as far as these stupid spats warranting a diversion, i was on a flight recently from mia to lga and an elderly guy in the row in back of me was having medical issues, the worst of which were a blood pressure below 70 while he was flat on his back. his normal bp was 120/70. guess what? no diversion.

brian will tell you that a bp below 70 aint good at all.

so divert because of a few childish idiots but let the old man die. yeah. good policy!
                    The hypotensive old man was not a treat to anyone, though, was he? Nobody else will die or get hurt if he dies. A fight, on the other hand...

Comment

?.....including articles in an obscure magazine called Flying.........
                      .........an obscure airline captain named Les Abend
                      I've heard about Flying Magazine, indeed I sometimes purchase it....

....I've also heard of Captain Les Abend !

.....so they can't be obscure can they ?

Now get back to discussing the thread and stop trying to be a smartarse....because you're not. Smart that is. An arse ? Now that's a different matter !.....You're just making snide comments that relate to an old, unrelated thread.
                      Last edited by brianw999; 2014-09-04, 19:41.

Comment

I've heard about Flying Magazine, indeed I sometimes purchase it....

....I've also heard of Captain Les Abend !

.....so they can't be obscure can they ?

Now get back to discussing the thread and stop trying to be a smartarse....because you're not. Smart that is. An arse ? Now that's a different matter !.....You're just making snide comments that relate to an old, unrelated thread.
                        I make a little in-context joke. But instead of chuckling, you go and make a big, personal, public, off- topic rant along with some personal insults... The Mod needs to get himself a mirror.

Comment

A joke ? I didn't see any smilies indicating a joke. All I saw was a snide swipe at me yet again. If you want to make a joke of it, fine, that I can happily accept, all I ask is you clarify it as a joke. Joke accepted......moving on.
                          Last edited by brianw999; 2014-09-05, 14:03.

Comment

If you want to make a joke of it, fine, that I can happily accept, all I ask is you clarify it as a joke. Joke accepted......moving on.
                            And there was much rejoicing.

Comment

Experience working on planes meant Pamela Russell was wise to the use of a jammer by the passenger behind her.

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                              the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

...and today's interwebs 10-19-2015 relay a story of a man choking a woman trying to recline her seat.

...and why no efforts for the simple solution? You ARE allowed to recline, OR they fix the seats so they don't. (the little dot is a period).

Comment

Working...
                                X